We're ZSA Technology Labs, and we make great computer keyboards — the Moonlander, the ErgoDox EZ and the Planck EZ. Some might even say they're some of the best in the world (the Wirecutter seems to think so). We're a fully remote team, with members in Canada, the US, Mexico, Croatia, and Japan. We care about how we do the work, as well as the resulting product.
We have an incredible designer who's been with us for years, a talented 3D artist on a full-time basis, and a great frontend engineer on the team. And now, it's your turn.
Work has been growing steadily, and adding a new member to the team is a huge decision for us. We don't post these ads very often — we're pretty serious about staying small.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a nice person who enjoys working with others.
- Is an accomplished designer, preferably with some background in eCommerce and print.
- Knows Figma like the back of their hand.
- Can illustrate, either by hand or vector.
- Has opinions about design, and knows how to communicate them pleasantly and effectively.
- Isn't into a ton of meetings. This is not your traditional corporate gig. You can be based anywhere in the world. There are no standups.
We've posted these ads before, and have been flooded by people just sending us CVs or portfolios. This is not a good way to filter candidates for a senior design role. It doesn't help us determine if the designer is a good fit specifically for our voice or if they follow through on a project. So, please don't send us a CV, nor a portfolio.
Instead, we'd like to invite you to take part in a design competition with a cash prize ($2,500). Submitting a mind-blowing entry won't just win the competition (i.e, we would pay for the time you spent creating the submission), but can also secure a long-term job for you with ZSA.
There is a complete design spec for the competition, and all of the content and assets for the page are public. Everything you need to get started is right there — all you have to do is read, design, and show your work. To learn more, read here: https://blog.zsa.io/2103-design-contest/