Orrbitt Creative Group is a remote team based on the east coast building websites, brand identities, and corporate presentations for life science companies. Some of our client’s specialties include therapeutics, genetics, diagnostic platforms, and oncology. Most of our clients are in Boston and San Francisco. All of our clients value quality over quantity. Executives of publicly-traded companies, venture capitalists, and public relations firms regularly see and interact with our work.
The account executive is a liaison between clients and creatives at Orrbitt. A great account executive is the glue that holds a project together.
Account executives facilitate the exchange of information between Orrbitt and the client from the time a client first initiates a request until that deliverable is live. Clients have needs, and the account executive takes care of them. Account executives must be on top of the timing of every project to meet crucial deadlines.
The Orrbitt account executive is a creative force and problem-solver. Success depends on the accurate and insightful interpretation of clients' wishes and goals, and transmitting that information to the appropriate staff within the agency.
Some of the daily responsibilities
- Meet with prospects and clients (phone, email, teleconference). Meetings include:
- intro meetings with prospects (this is the first interaction many prospects have with Orrbitt)
- scoping meetings with prospects (you will scope out projects)
- proposal review with prospects
- assist Art Director with Discovery sessions for new clients
- project management calls with clients
- assist Art Director with Design Review meetings with clients
- Take meeting minutes and disseminate to team
- Oversee and maintain projects in project management software
- Oversee and manage clients projects including being liaison between clients and designers/developers
- Compile and present reports to company owners
- Education: A four-year college degree in advertising, communication, journalism, business administration, marketing, finance, accounting, or economics
3+ years of experience at a design agency working directly with clients and managing projects.
- Knowledge of graphic design including PPT, brand identity design, web design and development You don’t have to know how to execute the deliverable but should be very familiar with the process, edge cases, requirements, etc.
- You should know Asana and Slack inside and out
Nice to Have
- Training or certification in project management
Certain qualities and skills will help you succeed as an AE:
- Communication skills: You'll need the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Organizational skills: You'll be charged with overseeing several projects, and different aspects of projects, so a knack for organization is vital.
- Interpersonal skills: Excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people are important.
- Professional appearance and persona: In many respects, you're the face of the agency.
This is a full-time management position. We are not look for freelancers or part-time work for this position.