We’re hiring someone specifically to manage ads on alternative networks (Reddit, PurpleAds, Outbrain, TrafficJunky, and similar, as well as organizing direct display ad deal with various websites) for three companies (one in the pet space, and two in the Japanese/gaming/anime space). Your mission: spend and sell a lot (Hundreds to thousands of dollars per day of spend). We’re talking dozens of campaigns, dozens to hundreds of ads, and planning/overseeing funnels. Your job isn’t just to get the traffic to the landing page, it’s to oversee the creation of the landing page that’s ideal for the campaign, and also to oversee the follow-up marketing automation. (Oversee =/= doing it yourself, it just needs to be created to your specs).
First, here’s what we’re NOT looking for:
We're not looking for someone who needs to be told what to do or what to create. We're not looking for someone who needs to be managed. We're looking for someone who can set, measure, and meet KPIs, with a very high attention to detail and manage a team to get it all done. You should be able to conceptualize, create, measure, report, and optimize everything without being told what, when, or how - we will not hold your hand or micromanage you. You'll be required to perform (and prove it), and you'll be well compensated for great performance. If this doesn't sound like your cup of tea, stop reading now. If you're big on performing without being handheld (or micromanaged) this could definitely be your cup of tea.
Here’s what we ARE looking for:
Someone who can manage Reddit ads, report, improve over time, and manage the creations of marketing funnels and follow up marketing automation for each campaign if needed. You’ll also need to have a solid understanding of Reddit culture.
This is a fully remote, contract position with a potential for regular bumps in salary based on performance, paid via bank transfer monthly. We don’t require you to be anywhere in particular or care where you're from or where you live. You just have to be available in the afternoons and evenings Japan time, sometimes.
You won’t be working in a vacuum: you’ll have a front end web guy, a graphics guy, and an VA to help your campaigns succeed. You’ll be fully expected to task them with whatever you need to ensure your campaigns are successful.
Here are some of the things you'll be doing:
- Creating and managing dozens of campaigns on reddit, PurpleAds, Outbrain, TrafficJunky, and more with dozens to hundreds of ads
- Lots of copywriting (you’ll create the ad text copy)
- Tasking out graphic designers to create the perfect creatives for your ads
- Tasking out the front end guy to create the perfect landing pages for your ads, if needed
- Conceptualizing and creating fun, engaging, and interactive forms/surveys for your ads when needed (Typeform will be your platform for this, and you’ll be working with the marketing automation guy to create the proper email and SMS follow-ups)
- Creating detailed reports based on your ads and also on the landing pages/surveys for your ads (Airtable is where you’ll build your reports, HotJar is how you’ll measure the performance of the traffic on the landing pages)
- Staying up to date on all the Reddit trends/memes/culture and utilizing that in your ad copy
- Be an experienced PPC marketer (doesn’t have to be on Reddit)
- Be able to prove that you’ve managed PPC spends of at least $25,000 per month total across any/all network(s)
- Be an excellent copywriter
- Have at least 2 years experience working remotely
- Have prior Asana experience
- Have a solid understanding of Reddit culture, memes, etc
- Be ready to gain a thorough knowledge of anime titles, characters, references, and inside jokes
Here are some of the tools you'll be using and should be familiar with already or learn really fast:
- Reddit advertising
- Google Analytics
What would earn you bonus points during the hiring process:
- Extensive experience with Reddit ads
- Streaming experience
- PPC certifications
- Love anime, gaming, and/or cats
What we don't do:
- We don't micromanage
- We don't waste your or our time with “company culture”
- We don't use slack, much less waste time in it. How awesome is that?! Really freaking awesome.
- We don't make you physically show up anywhere or do anything, ever. 👊
- We don’t really do meetings, so you’re going to need to be very good at taking the initiative and getting stuff done with minimal input.
That means that you:
- Must be incredibly self-motivated and really eager to create (and prove) your ROI
- Must be very communicative in Asana
- Will work closely with the rest of the digital marketing team, especially graphic designers and a front end designer
- Have to be stoked about working in a position that requires you to perform and rewards you for it
- Shouldn't care about fluff (think: anything done by a Silicon Valley startup...) and should care about ROI
- Hardware & software if/as needed
- Free anime loot, snacks, and/or kitty litter if you want it
- 100% remote. 👊
- No BS, just performance. Good performance? Earn more cash. We’re big on providing frequent and permanent raises for a killer performance.
- Everything listed in “What we don't do” (see above) Apply here: