is an award-winning creative studio based in Los Angeles and Amsterdam. We strive to make the best digital experiences for clients all around the world, and are growing. We’re looking for people who are passionate about delivering high quality interactive projects for the web, installations, and in mixed reality.
We are actively seeking an experienced backend developer to be part of our multidisciplinary project teams and will be responsible for underlying tech and backend components on our most high profile projects. Must be proficient in developing applications in Node.js, as well as Firebase database services.
- Plan, prototype, scope and develop backend components. Requirements can vary significantly with the client, particular creative execution and technical requirements, but ultimately you will be responsible for backend components with each project.
- Learn, champion and build upon Medusa, our backend framework, to continually improve functionality and maintain reusable modules.
- Collaborate closely with small, multidisciplinary teams of frontend developers, designers, 3D artists and producers to develop backend features, primarily in Node.js and Firebase backend services.
- Work closely with backend and ops teams to continually evolve, improves practices and processes.
- 3-5 years developing secure, scalable, production ready web applications in Node.js
- Proficient in Cloud Firestore, Firebase Realtime Database and writing security rules.
- Experience working on web applications at scale with high concurrent users.
- Familiar with multiplayer concepts and able to maintain and develop features to both server and client ends of WebSockets applications.
- Experience designing and implementing database schemas for maintainability, performance and scale.
- Ability to manage your time and communicate effectively while working remotely.
We are now accepting remote applicants - US or Europe timezone preferred.
This is a short-term contract position with a view to go full-time. Compensation based on experience.