At Cased, we create innovative solutions for the growing number of compliance challenges facing software companies. Cased was founded in early 2020 by four former GitHub employees, with investment from Founders Fund and some of the most experienced angel investors in technology.
Our first product allows companies to add audit trails to any application in a matter of minutes, and we're just getting started.
Cased is hiring a Backend Engineer to work alongside the founding team to design, implement, and scale features for our application. Prior experience with building audit trails is not required to apply for this role, as we'll get you up to speed with industry best practices.
As one of our first engineers, you'll help to shape both the future of our product and the company we become. You'll ship world-class software and work alongside engineering, design, and product leaders who helped build GitHub, Facebook, Zillow, Yelp, and Simple.
Cased embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and invites applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.
What we're looking for
- Ideally 5+ years experience (but this is not a hard requirement) writing Ruby on Rails and have previously collaborated with others in large codebases.
- You get excited about difficult problems that require planning, coordination, and scalability constraints from the very start.
- You are familiar with good REST API design and best practices including authentication, rate limiting, content encoding, schemas, and errors.
- You have used a full-text search engine technology before such as Elasticsearch, Solr, or similar
What you'll do
- Work alongside other Cased engineers to assist in the design, scalability, and implementation of customer requested features.
- Learn from customer feedback and weigh in on product decisions.
- Help to build a diverse and inclusive company culture. As an early employee you'll have an impact on the type of company Cased becomes.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the United States
- Competitive equity and salary
- Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage
- A maxed-out MacBook Pro (or equivalent depending on your preference)
- A $1,500 stipend to setup your home office as you see fit
Our Tech Stack
You won't need to know, or use, all of these technologies but if you're curious our tech stack includes:
- React (Hooks and xState)
- Ruby on Rails