What will you be doing?
As with many young companies, your responsibilities will change over time. However, here are some of the responsibilities we expect you to take on as a Backend Engineer:
- Gathering and processing large volumes of data, you'll play a meaningful role in improving a backend that processes very high volumes of raw data.
- Supporting the rest of the team in improving the quality of our main Rails application.
- Contribute to technology strategy – we will decide together how to evolve our data processing pipeline using technologies that fit our purposes.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology.
Sounds interesting? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 3+ years of experience developing high traffic web applications.
- Strong experience with data processing, we use PostgreSQL for almost everything.
- You have 1+ years of experience with Ruby.
- Good knowledge of cloud environments, particularly AWS and DigitalOcean.
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of software development – how to structure programs and decompose problems, when to apply patterns, and understand to select the right paradigm for a task.
- Next to speaking English fluently, you are able to understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated technology solutions.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Rust.
- Knowledge of CI/CD systems and practice.
- Good knowledge of provisioning and orchestration tools. We presently use SaltStack and Terraform.
- You're passionate about programming. You know how to run code, not just write it.
- You're pragmatic and know when to be hands-on and enjoy taking the lead in challenging situations.
- You're excited to learn new technologies and best practices.
- You’re always up for pairing and tackling problems with your colleagues.
- You're eager to learn, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and inspire change.
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have a job that’s incredibly impactful.
- You’ll become part of a team of nice, awesome, and highly dedicated people that all have the same mission: Helping companies to build better businesses.
- You’ll receive a great salary pack (market or upmarket).
Please note, we are only accepting applicants that are based in the EU.