is a new B2B market network connecting startups with expert freelance consultants. Think Upwork meets Masterclass. Our community focuses on video content and virtual events as the future of recruiting and consulting. The Embark platform gives expert freelancers and consultants exposure to showcase their thought leadership and make additional income. It also allows startups to connect with top talent for both consulting projects and recruiting opportunities.About the Role:
As we continue to grow, we are seeking to hire a remote Business Development Specialist who can help identify new markets and business opportunities. You will be the face of the company and will have the dedication to create and execute an effective sales strategy from the ground up. As one of the first BD hires for this early-stage startup, this role is a huge opportunity for the right hustler to become a notable leader within Embark.live.
You will recruit either new startups or new experts to join our platform (or both if you're really good!). You will potentially even have the opportunity to build out your own sales team as we grow. Our goal is to focus on partnerships with other communities, co-working spaces, and groups to expand our customer base and drive sustainable financial growth.What You'll Do:
- Sell to startups and freelancers, showing the value of the Embark.live platform
- Develop a strategic growth plan to reach ideal candidates
- Conduct research to identify new partnership opportunities, emerging markets, and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Build strong relationships with new and existing customers, partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Arrange virtual business meetings with prospective clients
- Perform sales outreach and manage prospecting email campaigns
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Deeply understand our target market. Learn how to promote Embark.live’s product while discovering and even predicting clients’ goals and objectives
- Keep records of all partnership deals and sales revenue in a CRM system
- Provide feedback to help steer our strategic direction according to customer demands and preferences
Entrepreneurial - You enjoy the hustle and creativity of startup life and are excited to build things from the ground up.
Sales Skills - You are good at discovering and even predicting the client’s needs. You see enormous value in our platform and are excited to help your clients benefit from it.
Closing Ability - You aren’t afraid to directly ask for someone’s business.
Creative - You are the kind of person who sees obstacles as opportunities to innovate, not as barriers to your success.
Honest - You are honest in all you do and follow the highest standards of integrity. You are the opposite of a sketchy salesperson, rather you see yourself as a strategic consultant. You would never try to close a deal that wasn’t in the client’s best interests.
Hustle - You’re highly motivated and results-driven.
- 2 years previous SaaS/tech business development and sales experience required. 4 years, preferred.
- Ability to work independently while being a team player & collaborator
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Strong leadership and active listening skills
- Excellent professional writing skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and strong time management skills
- Proficient in Google Suite and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Hubspot)
This will begin as a full time (40 hours per week) probationary 2 month contract, to ensure we're a good fit for each other. If all is well, it will be ongoing!
- Work with a small yet culturally-diverse, close-knit team where everyone's voice is heard.
- Work-life balance.
- This is a 100% remote team. You have the freedom to work from wherever you are most productive.
- The opportunity to grow out a sales team and eventually become a leader at this early-stage startup.
If you've made it this far and this all sounds like you, we can't wait to hear from you!
Let us know why you're the ideal candidate for this position and why you're interested in this specific role at email@example.com. Please be sure to also include your resume and target hourly rate.
*only candidates that are moving forward in the interview process will receive a response, but we certainly appreciate all who apply!