Changing how people live
is a well-funded, ambitious startup from Zurich, Switzerland. At Koj, we want to disrupt the furniture industry and change how people live by offering a better, more sustainable, and more affordable alternative to traditional furniture retail. With Koj, consumers get their apartment fully-furnished by a professional interior designer and rent high-quality furniture on a monthly subscription. Once they move out, Koj takes all the furniture back, renovates it, and the cycle repeats.
Great design is at the core of what we believe in. Hence, we are looking for a highly talented, hard-working, and wickedly smart Design Lead/Chief Design Officer
. As our creative jack of all trades (master of some), you will be responsible to instill great design into our website, our brand, our product, and our culture. You’ll work directly with (not for) the founders Carlo
, and other stakeholders in the business who are passionate about creating great experiences for our users while balancing technical and design needs.
- Lead designer for our website, our product, and our brand
- Boosting our online presence by designing, improving, and updating landing pages and websites for our products and initiatives.
- Redesigning our brand and CI/CD
- Provide design feedback to our interior designers
- Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment for the team
- Engage in recurring 1-on-1s with team members and support their development through regular coaching and mentorship. Continually lookout for ways to improve team efficiency and productivity
- Your portfolio should demonstrate a high level of creativity and outstanding technical design skills across a wide range of media.
- Proficient in web design, UI, UX, and graphic design.
- Experience in (or interested in) interior design and 3D modeling/rendering.
- Have a minimum of 3+ years of experience. Ideally, you previously worked for a startup or growing technology company.
- Demonstrate accountability for design projects in the past and understand how to make projects successful.
- Be responsible for giving feedback to others to help improve their performance (and be receptive to receiving feedback from others).
- Have an insane work ethic. You work tirelessly to ship the best product possible.
Why work for Koj?
- You’ll work mostly with cool people (Not all of us are cool. But the majority is)
- Be part of the management team and truly make an impact through great design
- Receive a generous ESOP package and directly participate in the success of Koj
- Remote work: Work wherever and whenever you want
- Gadgets — Whatever you need to get things done
How to apply
Sounds like you? Then join our team and make a dent! Send us your application including your portfolio and your CV. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible!