Cloud Application Engineer
We are looking for an experienced full-stack cloud engineer with AWS experience to join our growing team. You will be responsible for all aspects of our web, API, cloud, and mobile applications. This role will focus on various technologies based on projects and needs. You will be working with a team that is responsible for designing, modernizing, developing and implementing cloud-native applications
Our ideal candidate is an engineer who is polyglot and excited to learn new languages and disciplines, e.g., DevOps, cloud infrastructure, building APIs one day - CloudFormation or Terraform scripting the next, etc. If these are things you’re interested in, this could be a fit for you.
If you have excellent software development skills and a passion for both greenfield applications and extending existing systems, we would like to meet you. As a full-stack engineer, you’ll work closely with our clients helping to design and develop systems that help them realize their vision.
If you are versed in multiple technologies, enjoy writing code, have a good understanding of databases, cloud, and development frameworks, then this job is for you. The ideal person wants to be involved in projects from planning to execution. They will want to be part of a growing team and have influence over the technical direction of our solutions and team. Our candidate will also want to be paired with world-class consultants, designers, and front end developers.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Writing clean code to develop functional web, mobile, and business applications
- Building automated unit and integration tests
- Use cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborate with front-end developers, designers, and architects to integrate user experience elements
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Keeping up with the latest trends in software development
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Liaise with product owners, developers, and designers to identify new features
- Implementation of security best practices and data protection methodologies
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- At least 18 years old.
- Able to work in the EST timezone for meetings and collaboration.
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies (Specifically AWS)
- Experience with two or more enterprise languages: Java, C#, Python, React, Go, etc.
- Experience working with database systems such as PostgreSQL, Mariah DB, SQL Server, Dynamo, Neptune, etc.
- Experience with web development, API’s, and web services.
- Experience with CI/CD and build pipelines.
- Proficiency and understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum
- Understanding of the entire development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Experience with two or more enterprise languages: Java, C#, Python, Go, etc.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- An ability to work remotely and use conference and collaboration tools effectively
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or relevant work experience
Why work with us
- Fun, collaborative, remote-friendly environment
- Work remotely from anywhere in North American time zones.
- Just be willing for some occasional travel for client work or getting some face time with the team.
- Enjoy writing code and working with a team who is focused on delivering results and using technology to drive business outcomes
There are options for this opportunity to be a contract, contract-to-hire, or full-time position.
About Augusto Digital
Augusto designs and develops custom software solutions.
We care about the business outcome as much as the technology problem.
We don't just focus on software projects. We work with our clients to create digital systems to grow and streamline our business. Our approach helps our clients design and develop systems using a product mindset and agile practices. That process begins with aligning on the outcomes their investment must produce and then providing a strong team with a proven process to execute - that’s where you come in.