Imagine a product that reaches over a million users. That same product is enabling millions to become their own brand with limitless growth potential in the online video space. That's the opportunity at vidIQ – an infinite market, a large and highly engaged customer base, and the chance to help build and support the vidIQ community.
vidIQ users post, comment, and discuss our tool across our YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Discord channels. We’re looking for a stellar Community Manager who will be responsible for reading each comment and engaging with the reader in whatever way is most appropriate. This will require a unique combination of social media know-how, interpersonal skills, writing talent, knowledge of the online video space, particularly YouTube, as well as an in-depth knowledge of the vidIQ tool.
Why this Role?
Creators around the world use vidIQ to manage huge 8 figure subscriber YouTube channels – others are just starting out and use it to gather ideas, find opportunities, and dig into what's working for these mega channels. As our Community Manager, you’ll help us to proactively engage with our rapidly growing community.
The Community Manager will be our front line as we set precedents and face unique challenges no one has in this space has seen before. You will need to be resourceful and creative. You will also never be bored!
Just about everyone loves to tell and listen to stories. The Internet has given millions the chance to do this, and millions more are seeking this opportunity to do so too, especially on YouTube. But many creators are giving up too fast because they don’t have the support they need to become successful and build their audiences.
vidIQ empowers YouTube creators and helps them on their journey to becoming better through awesome and effective tools and training.
The best way to understand vidIQ is to play with the product:
We've heard vidIQ described many ways. It can be the tool that you use to manage your YouTube channel, making deep analytical insights accessible that saves dozens of hours a week. When someone attends any of our live streams or academy, it's the education every creator needs to be successful. We’re also known as the best video keyword research tool available to many folks. At vidIQ's core, it's a tool that gives creators what they need to navigate toward the success they want to have because of the tools and education made readily available.
So, what will you do at vidIQ in this Community Manager role?
- We're looking for exceptional candidates who have experience with managing communities of content creators across all social platforms
- You’ll respond to questions, comments, concerns, complaints, and compliments across our social channels inc Discord & YouTube
- You’ll engage daily with our audience via comments and DMs, and coordinate with customer support and our social team to ensure a consistent, positive experience for all
- You will understand the interests and behaviors of our community and how to best connect with them and keep them engaged
- You’ll partner with our internal team to flag and escalate sensitive community responses and provide recommended actions
- You’ll constantly monitor online conversations, understand and keep up with the uniqueness of each social channel, and recommend strategies and content that consumers are most likely engage with for each channel
- You’ll develop & pitch innovative ways to engage our audience on all platforms (content, delivery, contests, etc.)
- You’ll identify strategic engagement opportunities and flag potential issues
- You will build and foster the vidIQ community through engaging content and interactions
- You’ll also be responsible for building and managing a team of voluntary moderators for our Discord channel and YouTube live streams
- You’ll understand that every interaction no matter how big or small is an opportunity to build our brand and messaging
This role might be for you if you possess:
- Experience with different social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Discord, YouTube, Reddit, TikTok, and Twitch
- The ability to stay on-message at all times, and immerse yourself in vidIQ culture
- We’re creator obsessed - we need you to be too
- The ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, and resourceful and become an expert on vidIQ
- Wonderful written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- A sense of diplomacy, excellent judgment and the ability to stay calm under pressure in a fast-moving online environment
- Flexibility and be responsive to the constantly changing trends in online communities
- Proven experience building communities
- Expertise in community strategy that supports overall brand goals, objectives and company tone of voice
- Troubleshooting skills
- An airtight understanding of best practices for public-facing communication
- A strong interest in following current trends in online video
- A positive, can-do attitude!
- The ability to work/adjust in a fast-paced environment and keep forward-thinking momentum
- A personality profile to fit into a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels
- A passion for leading/inspiring creativity, cooperation, and collaboration amongst team members.
- Flexibility: you know that the internet never sleeps - some evening and weekend work may be required in order to service all of our customers
What benefits can I expect?
This is a 100% remote position, work from anywhere you like.
Although we expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week, we can be flexible with your work schedule.
We offer a generous vacation policy of taking time when you need it.
Team retreats every year! Past trips have been to Spain, Portugal, and other amazing places.
Work with amazing people around the world.
Huge impact in the Creator Ecosystem.
Support your professional development and will pay for relevant courses and conferences
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
If you’re excited about this, we’d love to talk to you. Use the “Apply” button below to get in touch with us.