is a young, forward-thinking agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers 37% of the internet and we support its product and service economy with digital marketing.
We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies who sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, and product businesses who sell functionality to WordPress users. We help our clients reach millions of users and are helping make the web more powerful and easier to use.
Between us, we have the in-house skills to create marketing strategy and implementation for some of the best WordPress businesses in the market.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work.
We’re based across Europe and often travel for work, WordCamps, and pleasure!
We each bring our own strengths and the independence to shape our agency as it grows quickly. It’s an exciting time to join us :)
As our new Content Manager, you'll work closely with our Head of Content, SEO consultant, freelance writers and graphic designers to deliver amazing, SEO-driven content marketing which gets results to clients.
We do industry leading content marketing, and you’ll be a key part of the content team. There’s plenty of scope to grow within this position, and we’ll offer you rapid progress for your skills and career.
This position can be broken down as follows:
50% Content process and project management
25% Client and account management
25% Editorial + copywriting
Your main responsibility will be to manage SEO content production: You’ll be responsible for our content production from start to finish for our clients.
You need to love working with (and improving) internal processes, and pay meticulous attention to detail. You need to be able to quickly solve both internal and client-facing problems; a great multi-tasker. This means that you are proactive with taking feedback onboard, love a challenge, and strive for excellence everyday!
To support the above, you need the following skills:
Editorial: You’ll have proven skills in editing and proofreading and know how to interpret individual editorial needs for different clients, always maintaining the highest editorial standards, particularly when delivering content to clients.
- You’ll already have experience writing in-depth content outlines for freelance writers, proactively ensuring they have everything needed to deliver work on deadline (and know how to chase up effectively, if not!).
Project management: You already have solid internal project management skills, and love updating and managing tasks from start to finish! Similarly, you’re obsessive with processes: you’ll proactively improve our existing processes wherever possible, and have enough experience with project management to know that smooth internal processes lie at the heart of every successful business.
Account management: Your client-facing account management expertise includes discovery and kick-off calls with clients, collecting essential sources from clients, delivering briefs to writers and providing everything they’ll need to deliver timely work; editing, proofreading and ensuring smooth final client delivery.
Amazing organisational skills enable you to plan ahead for deadlines for multiple clients simultaneously. You’re adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously. We rely on skillful project management to work well as a remote team.
Detail-oriented, and feel comfortable reporting directly to clients, distilling essentials into easily digestible reports for both internal and client use.
- Your existing marketing agency background, which could include knowledge of SEO content marketing, will help you to intuit what clients need.
Content SEO basics: You’ll feel comfortable building SEO keyword research into your content, monitoring, and report on ranking results. You’ll work alongside our SEO Consultant so advanced knowledge isn’t essential, but some experience would be beneficial.
Requirements: hard skills
- 3-5+ years experience in digital marketing
- Digital marketing agency experience
- Expert-level content marketing, ideally including SEO knowledge
- Excellent English editorial skills
- Proven experience writing, proofreading and editing
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent project and account management
- Friendly, efficient client-facing communication
- Experience working remotely full time
- Availability to work on European time (GMT/CET)
- WordPress user (advanced usage desirable but not essential), Ahrefs, Google Analytics, GSuite
- Some knowledge of SEO, CRO and marketing methodology
Requirements: soft skills
Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly and easily
High level of self-awareness: a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with writers and clients on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative and see projects through to completion
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of the WordPress product industry
- Extra SEO expertise beyond basic keyword research
- Familiarity with project management and remote-work tools, e.g. Basecamp
- Knowledge of B Corp ethical business principles
Compensation and benefits:
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. Work from home, or the beach!
- Competitive, full-time salary with pension, benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience. We expect this to be ~£28k to £34k/year
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Monthly remote-working allowance (£1,200/year)
- Regular team retreats (in fun places! ~2 per year)
- Attend conferences in Europe (1-2 per year)
- Plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Sustainable business: we are aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2020
The application process:
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. You’ll be required to attend at least two interviews (by video call) and carry out a (paid) freelance project with us before we make an employment offer.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make your application stand out. Please pay special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply :)
How to apply:
Please apply through the form linked below. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you! Taking the time to research the role, what we do
, and what you can do for us will increase your chance of success. Your cover letter is where you have the space to do this.
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity. We'll first look at applications anonymously, to reduce bias. Please do not include any personal information in your cover letter in order to facilitate this.
The deadline for submission is the end of the day, CEST on 21st June.
We will then interview some candidates and notify everyone, whether we're proceeding or not. Expect to hear from us after applications have closed!