A little background:
TL;DR: We're looking for a CRO strategist with experience in eCommerce, Shopify and the Shopify app ecosystem to help us offer CRO design services and engineer better solutions for our merchants. The goal: increase conversion rate for merchants through art (better design) and science (data-driven decisions).
My name is Xavier Armand - a co-founder of The Vaan Group - a remote eCommerce agency, headquartered in Manhattan, NY, and we’re looking to add a CRO (conversion rate optimization) Strategist to our growing team. As an agency we believe awesome technology powers the best brands. So we build it. Our technology becomes the foundation upon which businesses scale their operations, escalate their marketing efforts and grow their sales. Most of the time we're building e-commerce engines. Other times we're architecting software. Regardless of what we’re making, it's always all digital. This position would help our growing list of merchants continue to grow, optimize and expand their online stores.
More background: we're a certified Shopify Plus Agency Partner, and so we do a lot of work using the Shopify platform. You can see the full range of client work/portfolio at our website
. In addition to our service-based work, we also like to experiment with technology by building our own digital products - everything from e-commerce applications
to project management browser extensions.
We’re a realistic group, not necessarily looking for rockstars, ninjas or wizards. Our team resides (or is working from) New York City, Poland, Portugal, The Netherlands, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Norway, Serbia, Algeria, and more. We’re big on team chemistry and we take asynchronous communication pretty seriously - we also have several company meetups each year, somewhere in the world, so that we continuously grow together, as a team. These will continue once COVID changes.
The ideal person:
- Understands the demands and expectations of a remote working culture - this one’s especially important to us!
- Feels very comfortable communicating externally with clients and collaborating internally with team members
On any given day, you might:
- Communicate directly with clients to define goals and develop ideas
- Audit Google tags & analytics set up
- Produce bi-weekly/monthly CRO audit report
- Generate A/B & usability testing ideas and define testing roadmap based on effort v. impact
- Install & configure A/B testing (Google Optimize or other)
- Install & configure Hotjar (or other heatmap tracking software)
- Conduct usability testing (via User Testing)
- Conduct training sessions
- Produce monthly CRO reports
- Comfortable collaborating with designers
- Ability to operate design software to make changes
- Comfortable communicating with engineers
We think this is a compelling position for a CRO strategist because you'll be leading strategy and have a team of designers, developers, and product managers to execute.
Other things you should know:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- We offer an employee profit-sharing program
When applying please include the following:
- Describe how you'd approach starting with a new merchant who says they want to increase their CVR.
- Examples of merchants that you've helped
- Examples of reports that you've created (redacted is fine)
- Favorite tools of choice
Our company vision is to be a world leader in eCommerce design and product engineering.