Kenetic is looking for an experienced developer to help us build trading systems for crypto currencies in the rapidly evolving class of digital assets. We’re a young, rapidly expanding, and highly profitable firm, amongst the brightest minds in the industry.You’ll help develop and support systems that execute millions of trades on ‘crypto’ exchanges across the globe.
Who we are:
Kenetic Trading is a proprietary trading firm that deploys algorithmic high frequency trading strategies in the global cryptocurrency markets. Based in Hong Kong, we’re a 24/7 business, trading decentralized digital assets in 10+ locations around the globe, with a team of world-class talent spanning 5 countries.
We’re one of the fastest growing market makers in the industry. Our arbitrage engines execute millions of orders a day, and our trading team combines a systematic approach with sophisticated pricing models, iterating often to ensure consistent, robust trading performance.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to learn from our experienced development and trading team in a culture that encourages curiosity and actively supports your growth.
- Informal, collaborative and social culture that rewards great results.
- The flexibility of working from home, with opportunities to travel to Hong Kong for team activities.
- We’ve been operating a remote workforce for 1.5 years, with continual video streaming to ensure all staff feel connected and engaged.
What you’ll do:
- Develop C++ software to connect to crypto currency exchanges
- Develop trading system infrastructure in python as directed
- Develop tools, simulation engines and other trading system features as required by our quantitative traders
- Work with our core system team to deploy trading system components in our production trading platform
- Identify opportunities to optimise system latency and resiliency
- Analyse trading logs and build tools to assist in the analysis of trading algorithm performance
- Create tools to automate the configuration, deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting of trading system components
- Be responsible for troubleshooting system issues as and when they occur
- Engage with the team during system design discussions, code reviews, trading idea brainstorms and daily office banter.
- Join our team remotely via video conference daily during core work hours.
Who you are:
- A software engineer with 5+ years experience in developing clean, maintainable and performant code.
- You have experience in working with network programming, a strong familiarity with tcp/ip and socket level concepts.
- Bonus points will be awarded to candidates who have developed websocket connectivity for any of the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Binance, Bitmex, Bitfinex, Deribit, Bitstamp or GDAX, and who can articulate the challenges they faced.
- You can find the balance between delivering clean, testable, reliable code and rapidly deploying new system features to take advantage of market opportunities.
- You are reliable, take pride in delivering robust software and are willing to be on call to support the systems you develop.
- You’re able to precisely articulate software concepts and designs
- You have 3+ years experience developing in c++, on linux
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or above) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar, with excellent results.
- You have excellent written and verbal English
- Highly Desirable:
- Experience with high-transaction, latency optimised, distributed systems
- Experience with inter process messaging using tcp and shared memory
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure such as AWS