Designlab is looking for a curriculum lead to join our team. This person will manage our curriculum roadmap, working to both devise high-level strategy and execute updates to continually improve our set of online course offerings in UX/UI/product design.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced design lead looking to combine their product savvy, academic and pedagogical insight, and industry experience into a high-impact role that can drive the state of creative education forward.
Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our culture and philosophy about work. Thanks to the quality of our product—rated best in class by reviewers at SwitchUp & Course Report—we’ve built a passionate community of students, mentors and alumni.
We’re accelerating quickly and are looking for the right individual to help drive the curriculum experience forward. You’ll help us shape and work towards our vision for what the future of a global, rigorous creative university looks like.
As Designlab’s curriculum lead and a core member of the product team, you’ll be responsible for setting a high-level curriculum vision, owning the direction of our near and mid-term curriculum roadmap, and managing day-to-day execution against this roadmap. You will be expected to:
Lead curriculum research and strategy
- Maintain a close pulse on tech and design industry needs
- Determine and monitor a set of KPIs to measure curriculum performance, impact, engagement, and student learning outcomes
- Conduct targeted research with industry hiring managers, mentors, students, and alumni to determine curriculum needs and opportunities
- Collaborate with the product team and key stakeholders to identify strategic priorities for curriculum
- Devise and maintain a set of student personas and learning outcomes for each of our courses
Drive improvements to the student learning experience
- Develop and manage Designlab’s instructional design best practices and toolkit of learning formats (written content, video, audio, interactive lessons, quizzes)
- Propose new course content and learning formats to promote continual student engagement
- Collaborate with product team to ideate, define, and champion feature enhancements to our online platform to measurably improve the student learning experience
- Maintain our curriculum backlog: monitor and triage student & mentor requests, bug reports, and QA issues related to all Designlab curriculum
Manage and deliver with world-class execution
- Collaborate with product team on an ad-hoc basis to drive curriculum-related goals
- Design and refine a scalable end-to-end curriculum development process (research, ideation content creation, quality control, launch)
- Draft content briefs for Designlab coursework (including but not limited to course outlines, lessons, project prompts, rubrics, learning outcomes, mentor-facing materials)
- Project manage a team of one or more curriculum writers, creators, and copy editors to execute on curriculum updates within our CMS across a variety of content formats
- Own editorial and quality control of all Designlab curriculum, including a curriculum voice/style guide
- Directly manage in-house curriculum contributors
We’re looking for an experienced design industry professional who also has a demonstrated track record of achievement in an academic context.
The ideal candidate has:
- >3-5 years instructional design experience — teaching students, creating curricula, and designing and leading workshops – with a track record of success and clearly articulated philosophies on crafting creative pedagogy to lead to strong outcomes
- >3-5 years digital product/UX/UI design experience in a senior-level role, preferably as a team lead or hiring manager — with strong instincts on design industry trends
- A passion for teaching and disrupting the current education landscape with technology
- A vision to cultivate and equip students with tools to thrive in a design-led future
- Experience with project management
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment / previous experience in a startup
- Competitive salary
- Work from home (we’re a fully distributed team with members in NYC, Lisbon, and more)
- Remote working allowance
- Flexible hours (you set your own schedule)
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Occasional in-person team retreats (public health guidelines permitting)
- Work on an awesome product that’s innovating in the online education space and teaching people modern design skills all over the globe
How to apply
Apply by going to https://trydesignlab.com/jobs/curriculum-lead/ 18:00 ET on Monday June 8th
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we’re moving forward with your application by the end of Friday June 12th.