Did you know that Fashion is the second most polluting industry in the world after Energy?
We are a venture-backed fashion tech company ($20M+ raised) that eliminates the addiction to fast fashion and waste by sourcing the best pre-owned designer items and delivering them to customers in a curated, highly personalized monthly box.
To do this, we have to solve complex personalization problems and combine the best of human and machine. The result?
Unique items delivered to customers at up to 90% off retail, and new life given to amazing fashion that would otherwise be wasted.
So how does it work?
Every month, a stylist uses our software to curate 5 items, which are shipped for customers to conveniently try on at home, purchase what they like and return the rest. Additionally, box customers, as well as anybody else, can sell us items that no longer bring them joy and get paid up front.
While our team works from home, our fulfillment center and clients are in North America. We are looking for a new customer support person to join our growing team working full-time (availability 9 AM - 5 PM EST preferred).
You will have ownership and autonomy to do great work. Your voice will help choose the processes we follow and create the kind of customer support culture other amazing people want to join.
Some specific things you will do:
- Communicate clearly and concisely while owning tasks. Nothing can happen at a remote start up without effective communication and independence
- Investigate customer feedback and flag potential bugs issues to our engineers as needed
- Collect and analyze customer feedback for improvements
- Think critically about our existing customer support practices and how we can improve them
- Keep our customer-facing FAQs up to date
Tools we use:
- Fully fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills - clear communication is the key for this role
- Empathy and patience
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Common sense and the ability to "read between the lines" to understand what customers are concerned about
- Ability to learn new software and systems for communicating with customers
About Material World:
Founded in 2012 by two Harvard Business School graduates and raising $20 Million to date, Material World is backed by top-notch investors and ecommerce pioneers such as Zozo and Farfetch. We have been featured in the New York Times Sunday Style, Wall Street Journal, Refinery29, Huffington Post, Glamour, TechCrunch, and Fox News.