is a freelance business management platform used by 200,000+ freelancers across the world. It takes care of a freelancer's boring admin work - contracts, proposals, invoices, payments, accounting & taxes - so they can focus on getting actual work done and make $$$.
We're backed by some of the world's best investors (YC, Matrix Partners, Index Ventures), are profitable, and are 100% remote. Our teammates are spread across 7 countries (US, Brazil, UK, Romania, Canada, India & France).
About The Role
Our users are at the center of what we do (duh!) and we're always trying to find better ways to serve them. Alongside our Customer Success Lead, you will work closely with Product and Marketing to drive growth, engagement and advocacy of Bonsai. The Customer Success Advocate will use front-line support interactions to inform and inspire changes within the team, the product and Bonsai as a whole.
The role will involve front-line, reactive support where you will engage actively to solve user problems and answer questions. This can involve basic feature-related questions or complicated bugs. You won't always know the answers, so your resourcefulness will be your greatest asset! We answer inquiries via chat and email primarily, with the occasional video onboarding call and are available to our users live Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST.
In addition to front-line support, you will work to identify trends in user behaviours and inquiries to help shape our product decisions. Simultaneously, you'll have a hand in creating valuable content that allows our users to make the most out of Bonsai as easily as possible!
You're a passionate problem solver. "No" isn't a good enough answer for you - you need to find out why it's that way and if there's a way to make it better.
Change excites you. We're a brand new team here at Bonsai, building from the ground up. We don't have all the answers and that's the point! You should salivate at the idea of identifying issues, finding trends, collecting relevant data and engineering long term solutions.
You have a passion for helping people. Let's face it, this job is all about helping people! That needs to fuel your fire. You're the type of person that goes the extra mile to help not because it's expected, but because you want to.
You are a multi-tasker. We have a number of moving parts and processes in place while also managing live interactions. You should be able to manage multiple interactions simultaneously as well as being getting work done behind the scenes.
You're a fantastic communicator. Our role involves navigating and explaining how to use our broad, technical platform. Being able to quickly and concisely get your message across with a friendly tone and digestible formatting is imperative.
This is an entry-level position with opportunity to grow. Technical skills can be taught - attitude and drive are what we're in the market for.
- Answering in-bound chat and email support requests from 9am-5pm EST Mon-Fri.
- Ensuring target metrics are met and maintained.
- Fully engaging with and listening to our users to offer them advice on a holistic level to ensure they are getting the best experience from Bonsai.
- Being an advocate for our users and Bonsai as a whole by communicating trends and insights back to stakeholders.
- Available to work Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST or a significant portion of overlapping time.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service of any type (in person or online).
- Excellent typing skills.
- Ability to pickup multiple technological tools, quickly.
- Have strong reading, writing and communication skills.
- Possess high level of understanding, patience and empathy. Able to navigate more difficult conversations/interactions with professionalism.
- Are committed to continuous growth and learning. You understand that every challenge is an opportunity and you get excited about learning new things.
- This is a fully remote position - you will need access to a proper working environment, including high-speed internet.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Intercom, Notion, Excel/Google Sheets, Stripe.
- Experience working with or as a freelancer/entrepreneur.
- Experience working in a SaaS company.
- Experience with remote work.
- Experience providing front-line software support (especially via chat).
- Work with an all-star international team
- Competitive compensation
- All-expenses paid team retreats (our last retreat was in Mexico!)
- Work from anywhere, always!
- 40 hours work week (we're running a marathon, not a sprint)
- Learning & development stipend (we care about your growth)
- Unlimited vacation
- Business transparency across the board – everyone knows everything
- Contribute to the growth of a product that has rave reviews