Founded in 2017, BRIO was created to empower individuals to better understand their health through a science-based platform. In order to achieve this goal, we have developed relationships with labs, medical providers, and employers. Our expertise puts us in a unique position to help expand COVID-19 testing access through employers, and we have focused all of our company efforts to work on this problem. Crunchbase recently listed us as a ‘Startup to Watch’
and we’re always proud to be picked up by our local tech journalists.
About the Position:
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) contract-to-hire position that can be performed remotely from anywhere in the U.S. We are looking for two positions: one candidate for early morning, East Coast coverage; and one candidate for evening, West Coast coverage. Some weekend hours may be requested.
This is a rare opportunity to get involved in solving a truly meaningful problem with massive scale. The product is up and running, and there is still a ton of room to make your mark as an early member of the team.
The right person for this role will be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and the ability to perform at a high level as both an individual contributor and a member of a team. Our business is rapidly expanding, and as such, the right candidate will have experience in a customer support or client facing role in a similarly paced SaaS company or high-growth environment.
Your primary responsibility will be to focus on resolving customer inquiries that are often serious and require immediate attention. Due to this, it is important that whoever is hired for this role has strong interpersonal skills, truly loves helping people solve complex problems, and has the ability to do so with sensitivity and tact.
As Customer Support Specialist, you will:
- Act as a primary point-of-contact on the front lines for urgent resolution of common and novel problems.
- Manage communication between internal departments and external stakeholders to avoid testing delays and/or service failures.
- Interact with clients as needed to obtain client requests.
- Provide answers to clients by identifying technical problems, researching answers, guiding members through corrective steps, and escalating queries to the appropriate team members when needed.
- Demonstrate a pleasant email presence through professional and courteous client interactions.
- Proactively solve problems.
- A self-starter. Someone who feels empowered to take initiative to solve a problem whether you know the answer or not.
- Intuitive, inquisitive and find passion in tackling unique problems.
- Able to learn quickly on the fly and are excited to take ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Not afraid to fail and relish learning from those failures.
- Eager to learn and have a strong drive for results.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity on a day-to-day basis and are excited to be a part of building something from the ground up.
- Someone who values diversity in their day and thrives when they’re able to knock out all of their work.
- Not afraid to have fun and interact with the team, but knows the right balance and when to get back to work.
- 2+ years of previous Customer Support experience, including email, chat, and/or text support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An empathetic and proactive approach to customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate and thorough documentation.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Technologically savvy and comfortable with various computer/web applications.
- Ability to accommodate early morning East Coast coverage or evening West coast Coverage
- Experience working on remote teams and are effective in communicating in this environment
- Experience providing Customer Support for a SaaS product
- Experience in high-criticality and high-stakes industries such as health, finance, or aerospace
- Experience working in a seed-stage, high growth startup environment
Commitment: This is a full-time (40+ hours per week), contract-to-hire position. This position is fully remote and can be performed from anywhere in the U.S. A typical schedule for the East Coast hire is 8AM - 4PM EST and a typical schedule for the West Coast hire is 12pm-9pm PST, including some weekends.
Brio values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit, along with your resume and LinkedIn profile.