Facet Wealth is disrupting the wealth management industry. Our innovative technology and unique planner model allow us to deliver high quality financial planning services to the 33 million mass affluent households in the US. As a company, our goals are to:
- Help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals through high quality financial advice previously unavailable to them
- Build the next generation of financial planning and financial life management tools that redefine how wealth management services are delivered
- Create a company culture that is as fun as it is stimulating
Our Promise to You
- A-players: Life is too short to work with people who aren’t rockstars
- Data Wins: We are objective to a fault
- Integrity: Helping people with their money requires incredible trust. We do not take this lightly.
- Everyone Has a Voice: Great ideas can come from anywhere. We will always listen
- Continuous Improvement: we commit to always asking how we can be better, in everything that we do (including the hiring process!)
What We Believe
- We’re here to deliver amazing client experiences. No matter the role at Facet, we are all 100% committed to excellence in service of our clients.
- Every single member of our team needs to be an active participant in helping to improve and evolve our business. We take great pride in being the stakeholders and builders of our destiny
- Perfection is the enemy of progress. We rapidly iterate to learn as quickly as possible.
- Change is not only something we tolerate, but something we embrace. Transformative change is critical to our growth and success and we all thrive off of it.
- We take our mission seriously, but also remember to have fun!
- Everyone belongs: bringing your authentic self to table is what makes you unique and thus Facet unique. We encourage you to be authentically yourself, every single day.
The Job: What You Will Do
- The Analytics team works directly with Business, Operations, Product and Engineering teams, with the responsibility of maintaining Facet’s enterprise data architecture, data definitions and quality, reports, dashboards, and in-depth analyses. As a data-first, data-enabled company, we seek to empower each business unit at Facet to make data-driven decisions in near real-time. As such, we need to continuously build and iterate on our data infrastructure, while supporting business asks and needs. Our data analysts need to know our data inside and out (advanced SQL proficiency is a must), be experts with visualization tools (Tableau/Looker experience strongly preferred), and help business experts to ask the right questions to lead them to actionable quantitative answers (statistics and problem solving prowess necessary).
Why This Job Is Awesome
- Chances are, Facet is a place that will be unlike anywhere you’ve ever worked (and if it’s not, we want to hear about it to learn how we can be better). When you sign up to join the Facet team, you’re implicitly acknowledging that there is a problem with access to high quality financial planning, and you are committing to be a part of the company that is going to fix it. If that mission fires you up, then you’re in the right place.
- We’re not perfect. Startups are messy: sometimes there’s a bug in our tech, sometimes we overschedule ourselves, and sometimes we really whiff on helping a client. But what we are is a team completely committed to getting better every day, and supporting each other in the process. It is not uncommon for a software developer to shadow a planner for a day and then write code to make their job (and everyone else on the team) easier that night.
- Not only will you be a part of a vision that’s bigger than any of us, but you’ll also be in a position to grow your own skills and experience exponentially. This isn’t for everyone, but for those who think the same way that we do, it will be the most rewarding job of your life.
- Help to maintain good data quality in the synthesis of data from a variety of processes and software
- Collaborate on continued Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) development / maintenance of ETL processes primarily with SQL enforcement of business rules
- Work closely with business owners and analysts to define actionable analyses
- Shape analyses from business questions through SQL queries to visualization and communication of results
- Author operations reporting and dashboards in Tableau to support teams’ day to day
- Create visualizations in Tableau to communicate results of analysis
- You have a minimum 2 years experience in analytics and business intelligence
- You have a bachelor’s degree (Master’s a plus)
- You have experience building and maintaining enterprise-level dashboards in BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Business Objects and/or others
- You have advanced proficiency in SQL ad hoc querying including familiarity with complex joins and partitioning functions
- You have a strong quantitative ability including problem solving skills and experience in statistics
- You have a proven ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment
- You are self-motivated with excellent communication skills
- You have an exceptional attention to detail, good interpersonal skills, and an orientation towards the achievement of team goals
- You have outstanding skills in organization, time management, multi-tasking, prioritization, problem solving, and self-motivation
- Competitive salary and equity: we pay up for great talent
- Unlimited vacation: we trust you
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid maternity and paternity leave
- Certification reimbursement program (side note: We want our team members to have a constant desire to improve personally and professionally!).
- Work from anywhere: our founders are big fans of distributed work
- Work with a passionate and dedicated team: see our A-player credo above
- Take a shot at helping millions of people live better financial lives