Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travellers, data, and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveler the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons, family vacations and business trips, we deeply care for every traveler to make the best-informed accommodation choice at the best conditions.
FindHotel has the ambition that every decision should be based on data and every feature be fuelled with data. To make this happen we invest heavily in our data infrastructure. We are looking for a senior Data Engineer to help us scale and grow. The product catalogue of the Data Infrastructure team ranges from the basics of event delivery, storage and processing to A/B testing and Data Science infrastructure (model development and deployment).
What you’ll do:
- Build large-scale and real-time systems to provide FindHotel’s analysts, data scientists, and decision makers with high-quality low latency data.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Design and implement data models to help our analysts tracking user behaviour across our product
- Build ETL and Business Intelligence environment and dashboards used widely by the product teams
- When needed improve the way that data is delivered & visualised, better way of presenting multi-dimensional data
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers, Data Engineers and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise.
Who you are:
- You are a data engineer with previous experience in business intelligence and data warehousing
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Kafka, Spark, and MPP databases such as Snowflake.
- You are comfortable building and deploying applications in public clouds, in particular in the AWS cloud.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Golang, Scala, or Java.
- You have hands-on experience with a large number of technologies and programming languages. It allows you to choose the right tool for job, and to not be afraid of contributing to systems across the whole FindHotel organisation.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You strive for excellence, clarity and transparency, shipping business value as early as possible, and building incrementally afterwards.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with e-commerce, clickstream data and event tracking
- Experience or interest in data analysis
Why joining us now?
- This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features.
- We are in fast growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% Year-Over-Year for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- Although we prefer if you work with us in our beautiful Amsterdam office, we are open to full-time remote applicants. What really matters is that you are the right person for the job, not where you do it.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden.