This is a unique role that offers broad exposure to software engineering and data science. We are eager to find underrepresented candidates who are early in their career and don’t want to choose between engineering or data science.
Working with data science and engineering, you will be deeply enmeshed in the critical nuances of disambiguation, normalization, standardization and other ETL skills. You will also have the opportunity to work in all stages of our software process from researching data sources to developing data pipelines and building business intelligence visualization tools.
- Design and build data pipelines
- Run and iterate data science experiments in the cloud and in a production environment
- Support business intelligence and data science needs via visualization/reporting
- Undergraduate CS degree or equivalent; 2-5 years professional experience
- Experience with python; the ideal candidate is generally comfortable with web programming, consuming APIs, data wrangling, etc.
- ETL processes on large open/public (>50 GB) datasets a plus
- Designing systems that store/query geospatial and time series data
- Familiarity with python data engineering, data science, and visualization frameworks
- Good understanding of classification and regression metrics
- Curiosity for insurance and autonomous technology applied to transportation/trucking
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with ambiguity
For US employees we offer a competitive salary, stock options, unlimited vacation, 100% employer paid health, vision and dental plans, commuter benefits and discounted fitness classes, generous WFH stipend, personal learning/training (for professional/industry certification) and conference budget. For remote hires outside the US, we are unable to provide employer paid health, vision and dental plans, commuter benefits and discounted fitness classes.
We believe strongly in diversity of thought which comes from different backgrounds and experiences. Covid has helped us transform to a WFH-first company, so periodic multi-day get-togethers are an essential part of growing our team.