The DataOps Engineer will plan and execute implementation projects using our DataOps software to make our customers wildly successful. Some projects focus on SQL. Most projects are integration focused and use Python. All projects orchestrate data pipelines, reduce error rates, and deploy code into production (CI/CD). This position requires technical skills, communication skills, attention to detail, follow-up, and the ability to self-manage.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the success of a project. You will plan and implement the use of DataKitchen's DataOps software in customer environments, starting with Proof of Concept projects through ongoing production operation.
- Some projects will be SQL focused. You will gather requirements, work with raw data, design a schema, do data transformation, write automated tests, and manage deployment and operations.
- Most projects will be more integration focused. You will orchestrate the customer's existing tools and analytic assets via Docker, APIs, or CLIs. You will use cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) facilities to spin up environments.
- In both cases, you will become a master at using DataKitchen software to orchestrate, test, and deploy Recipes (data pipelines).
- Engage in consistent, proactive client communication to positively impact customer loyalty. Partner effectively with internal teams to drive growth and address customer concerns efficiently and decisively.
- Travel to customer sites as necessary (Covid-19 safety permitting).
Qualifications and Skills:
Technical - Required
- Experience with SQL and Python (or equivalent).
- Professional experience delivering data management, analytic, data pipeline, or data science projects.
Technical - Bonus
- Continuous integration frameworks and unit testing.
- Cloud technologies like AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with shell scripting.
- Experience on implementation projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including listening and the ability to adapt to audience needs.
- Superior customer service skills - the ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and solution-oriented.
- Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
Send your resume to email@example.com
You must be located within GMT+2 to GMT-8. We will not consider candidates outside those time zones because we value close collaboration and working sane hours.
We make our customers wildly successful while respecting each employee and person we work with. We move fast, love and learn from our errors, and fall forward. We embrace Agile Values and Principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DataKitchen, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable US federal, state and local laws. DataKitchen, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. DataKitchen, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DataKitchen, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.