Development Operations Engineer
Product Development · Denver, Colorado
Enbala Power Networks is looking for a remote Development Operations Engineer to join our Infrastructure & Data team. Our products are leading the charge to a sustainable energy future by enabling global power grid operators to increase their usage of renewable energy. This role is entirely remote with some infrequent travel.
- You have 8+ years of professional experience in the software industry with a significant portion being in a DevOps/internal service role.
- You have a proven track record of provisioning, deploying and supporting a SaaS product line, in a multi-tenant environment
- You’re able to engage a reported issue, document and lead the efforts needed to discover the root cause and rapidly move towards its remediation
- You are a self-motivated problem solver, require minimal direction and have a passion for continuous improvement in yourself and your practices.
- You care about your work with strong attention to detail.
- You are a strong communicator and capable of working with many diverse stakeholders inside and outside of the engineering teams.
- You are excited to learn from a team with a diverse set of skills, as well as challenge team members to help them learn and grow.
- You enjoy working in highly collaborative environments and exhibit a passion for building and growing strong cultural practices
- You are willing to iterate through solutions
- You are excited to work in complex domains
- You have experience gathering, digesting, and improving monitoring & performance metrics
- You have experience designing and enforcing disaster recovery plans and business continuity contingencies
- You have experience with database technologies (SQL, NoSQL, time series).
Tasks you might do
- Add new capacities to our Elixir based real-time control platform and the infrastructure that provides that platform
- Develop internally consumed tools and services to enable the management and monitoring of our world class enterprise software solutions.
- Work with third-party companies to build integrations that import real-time data into Enbala’s platforms
- Debug unexpected behavior on a system you have little familiarity with and be able to take corrective actions
- Work with the infrastructure and development teams to grow and expand our cloud platform and data intelligence pipeline
Technologies we use
We have a suite of products written in Elixir/Elm. You do not need to have experience with all of these technologies and practices, but candidates who most closely match our stack will be preferred, in order of importance:
- AWS (certification a plus!)
- Shell Scripting
- Git/change management
- Systems Administration
- General Networking
- We are team-oriented following an Agile SDLC
- Relatively flat organization
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits
- We encourage a blameless culture
- We are a remote-friendly company with the vast majority of our employees working remotely across North American time zones.
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.