Who We Are
The Urban Cowgirl provides competitive advertising strategies to the top 1% of Amazon Sellers. We create, manage, and optimize high performing advertising campaigns for the best selling brands on Amazon.
We create online classes to educate and empower Amazon Sellers to scale their business with Amazon Advertising. We combine visual storytelling with advanced advertising instruction to create an engaging, interactive experience for our students.
Who You Are
You’re confident in your ability to write copy with a strong narrative voice in a conversational style. You have experience developing a unique brand voice and delivering it consistently across a variety of digital assets.
You have the skills and experience to write marketing copy that engages, clicks, and converts. You write copy that is compelling, enjoyable to read, insightful, and entertaining. You’re able to explain complex technical concepts using easy to understand language.
You’re a pro. Your writing is always purposeful and carefully crafted. You invest the time required to understand the features, benefits and value proposition of the products or services you’re writing about. You always write with your target audience in mind; speaking directly to their pain, describing their current situation and desired outcomes, compelling them forward to take action.
- Craft copy for our website and class landing pages
- Write email copy for class promotions and advertising strategy content
- Break down transcripts into slide decks for webinar presentations
- Write presentation scripts for advertising classes and software demos
- Create study guides on advanced advertising strategy
- 3+ years digital copywriting experience
- Skilled at writing website, promotion, and email copy
- Unique, authentic, conversational writing voice
- Experience creating sales-driven, direct response copy
- Experience writing about business and digital strategy
- Experience writing for start-up and entrepreneur audiences
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- If you don’t know the answer to a problem, you’ll find the answer
- Enjoy collaborating with small teams of 3-5 people virtually
- Fast learner that requires minimal direction to complete projects
- Understand the power of storytelling and narrative in business
- Passionate about history, technology, and innovation
- Fan of Spaghetti Westerns from the 1960's and 70's
This is a freelance, remote, full-time position. The Urban Cowgirl values and rewards loyalty and hard work. We’re committed to creating great work experiences for our team with opportunities for advancement.
The Urban Cowgirl has been scaling search and display campaigns in competitive markets for 15+ years. We've spent the last four years focused solely on Amazon Advertising, developing and executing winning advertising strategies for the top brands. If you’re interested in learning more about our advertising philosophy and strategy, here’s a link to our CEO, Cherie Yvette, presenting on Amazon Advertising:
Applicants must provide samples of relevant work to be considered for the position.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please e-mail a resume and cover letter, including details about yourself and your copywriting experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send copywriting samples in PDF format and/or a link to your online portfolio.