If you believe in leveraging digital tools to build a standout online presence for a quickly growing EdTech company, Project Wayfinder wants to talk to you. We are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels.
We strongly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented populations in tech - such as women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people, etc - to apply!
We are a fast-moving organization that is scaling up sales/outreach in a variety of locations across the country, primarily the San Francisco Bay Area and Boston Area.
Imagine if adolescent education was designed for all students to develop lives of meaning and purpose. In 2015 Project Wayfinder was founded at the Stanford d.school
to answer this call. We partner with educators to design innovative learning experiences that foster meaningful relationships and guide students to navigate their lives with purpose. With our fifth academic year upon us, our Curriculum toolkits
have journeyed to over 20,000 students, 1000 teachers, 200 schools across 25 states and 20 countries.
For more background on our origin see this profile
of Wayfinder in KQED’s Mindshift.
WHAT WE VALUE
You will be joining a staff of incredibly motivated and dedicated staff members that are committed to living the values of our organization. We have a very close culture where team members get to know one another and build lifelong relationships. We also feel and act like a purpose-driven organization
. To the best of our abilities each person’s role aligns with their own sense of purpose which feeds into the organizations larger sense of purpose.
We also value equity, diversity, and inclusion. This is represented primarily in three ways: our curriculum, our staff, and our schools.
Curriculum: We have intentionally developed our curriculum to be able to cross national, racial, and socio-economic boundaries. During the process of curriculum development, we have had over 30 educators work on and develop the curriculum from a variety of backgrounds.
: Our team
is composed of people from a diverse range of backgrounds and life experience. We intentionally recruit, hire, and work with people from diverse identities + experiences.
: We intentionally target a wide array of educational partners
from traditional to non-traditional that work with a range of students from different socioeconomic groups: we have taught our curriculum in low income schools in the Bronx, independent schools in Silicon Valley, and after-school programs in San Antonio.
What does a Digital Marketing Manager do?
You should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution. Digital marketing managers will work directly with the outreach team, supporting teams (such as videographers and programmers), and vendors to launch campaigns on time and on budget.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Craft compelling messages across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns)
- Work with various teams (design, content, acquisition, product, sales) to implement strategies
- Test marketing product features, releases and ad copy
- Evaluate projects using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Proven working experience in digital marketing or related field
- Background in design, copywriting or videography is a plus
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Keen eye for details, strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
We offer a competitive package that is based on location and experience. We also offer the following benefits:
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreat, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
- ...And much more! Lost of other perks make this company an incredible place to work.