. A people-powered marketplace for consumer tech, including smartphones, laptops, video games and smart home tech. With hundreds of thousands of happy buyers and sellers, a nearly-perfect Trustpilot review rating and a strict no junk, no jerks policy — we pride ourselves on making the experience of buying and selling quality used tech safe and simple. All while saving people a ton of dough.
Working with our Director of Marketing, Swappa’s Digital Marketing Manager will be a key part of growth -- developing, executing and measuring acquisition and retention programs to deliver measurable value for Swappa customers. Social and email marketing will be your focus but we work with a broad range of marketing initiatives including some paid programs. We move fast and truly care about the work we do daily and need strong customer advocates to help us achieve our goals.
Swappa is a distributed team spread out all over the world. This is a full-time, remote, work-from-almost-anywhere role though a large portion of our team resides in the US. Experience working within a fully remote team is preferred.
- Plan, write and support cross-channel marketing plans for core Swappa audiences across every stage of the entire customer journey
- Own Swappa’s organic social media channel strategy and execution, focusing on customer engagement, support and community growth. Channels currently include LInkedIn, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Assist with set up, design, QA, approvals, execution and reporting email marketing campaigns and improving performance
- Write targeted campaign content (especially short-form for headlines and email copy) that resonates with our key audiences, promoting the brand and driving conversion
- Be a strong community advocate, leveraging customer insights, reviews and brand themes within our marketing programs. This includes helping to respond to customer reviews on TrustPilot for Swappa
- Collaboratively partner with our entire organization to support new programs and product rollouts, helping to manage and measure go-to-market plans and campaigns
- Work with other key stakeholders, including brand, PR, design, content and video, to ensure content and visual creation appeals to the market and remains on-brand
- Monitor market competitors and in-market influencers as they relate to our core products to continually evolve the market. Responsible for keeping this knowledge shared with the marketing team and internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing to create robust reporting dashboards (Data Studio preferred) that tracks KPIs
Here’s what we’d expect you to bring to the table:
- 4+ years experience executing social and email strategies, preferably those that you implemented yourself, plus overall 5+ years experience working in digital marketing
- E-commerce experience is preferred with demonstrated growth and conversion improvement due to your recommendations
- Familiarity with CRO, customer journey mapping and paid programs is a bonus
- Advanced Google Analytics and preferably Data Studio skills with some sort of social scheduler (we use Loomly currently) and email marketing platform experience (we use SendGrid)
- You are a marketing strategist always looking for new opportunities to optimize, create and iterate, without a nudge from anyone to do so
- You are data-driven and have a consistent record in driving conversions for any channel you’re working in
- You are insanely curious and are always trying to improve your craft. You relish the opportunity to educate from article shares to hands-on learning
Though we’ve been around awhile, are bootstrapped and profitable, Swappa still operates a lot like a startup. Everyone on our team wears many hats (sometimes it’s the CEO that’s working on and deploying your recommendations) and does whatever it takes to get the job done. Egos are left at the door and the phrase “that’s not my job” never flies here.
You must be motivated, responsible and autonomous to be successful at Swappa. If you’re looking to be dropped into structured corporate machinery with year-long plans and big, predefined budgets, this is not the job for you. The ability to pivot is crucial to your success. If you like the idea of working remotely for a small company with big aspirations this could be your great opportunity.
Let us know if you think you can help (a real person reviews every application). We’d love to chat with you.Apply,
starting with this simple form: