We’re seeking a tech savvy, experienced Digital Product Designer (80%-100%) to join the team of our newly established getAbstract LAB based in Switzerland. Exploration, co-creation and moonshot thinking are the core elements of the LAB where the team focuses on radical innovation.
We are building a multidisciplinary 4-person core team, that innovates and challenges the status quo with a strong «Why not?» attitude. The team works in startup mode, lives a learning culture where it’s safe to fail-fast and uses each hurdle as a chance to learn.
It’s a unique opportunity to take over a horizontal, tech-focused position in which you will work along the entire product development lifecycle as part of the LAB’s core team: from research, ideation, testing, to prototyping and beyond.
Strategy and Research: Conduct market and user research (e.g. user pain points, expectations, opportunities).
Product definition: Turn strategic and market insights into requirements for a product.
Testing: Apply your in-depth knowledge in UX design and turn feature-set and flows into preliminary mockups (wireframes) and prototypes and iterate based on data.
Analytics: Together with data analysts, define the design of data-driven tests.
Development: Coordinate and work closely with software developers, AI and Machine Learning engineers.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years experience in design-thinking processes with a focus on UX, UI, data and technology achieved in a corporate, agency or startup environment.
- Expert with current design and prototyping tools. Develop with your choice of tools.
- Background in software engineering a plus.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills - German a plus.
- Willingness to occasionally participate in Design Sprints or other team workshops which are held in Lucerne (Switzerland).
What is in it for you?
- A unique, entrepreneurial opportunity to be a pivotal part in shaping our newly established getAbstract LAB.
- Flexible working hours, remote working/home office and occasionally working at our lakefront offices in Lucerne, Switzerland.
- The best of both worlds – agile innovative startup culture with corporate security.
- Continuous education based on your interests and opportunity to dive into other areas of the product development lifecycle.
- Possibility to move along and grow with ventures, that exit the getAbstract LAB.
- Team events, healthy snacks, beverages and coffee every day.
Do you have what it takes? We can’t wait to hear from you. Please submit your application and supporting documents (CV, diplomas, work portfolio and work certificates) to firstname.lastname@example.org
with attention to Marco Grueter, Head of getAbstract LAB. Please don't send a letter of motivation but elaborate on the following challenging question instead:
When you think about «helping people make smarter decisions» what potential user pain points come to your mind? Who (Persona) faces these pain points and why (hypothesis) and how would you test your hypothesis? Max. 1 A4 page. All formats are possible (text, canvas, scribble, etc.).
We are looking forward to receiving your application! Deadline for applications: August 28, 2020.
-> Only direct (no agencies) and complete applications (incl. answer to the challenging question) can be considered.