About the job:
Bridebook is the UK’s leading wedding planning app and website, providing planning tools, advice and a directory of venues and suppliers to engaged couples. We are bringing wedding planning into the modern age, using technology to make it as stress-free and rewarding as it should be. We have 2/3 of engaged couples in the UK using Bridebook and are present in 101 countries. This is just the beginning.
We are seeking an ambitious Digital Project Manager to join our growing team and help us shape the future of our product. You will be playing a key part in providing value and support to our cross-functional team; helping us to innovate and build the website and app of Bridebook. You will be reporting to our Senior Project Manager, and working closely with our dedicated team of developers and product owners so that we can bring our product vision to life.
If you have the confidence, energy, and passion to take on this multifaceted, detail-oriented role, please get in touch!
- Serving as the intermediary between the developers and the product team, understanding requests and issues and communicating these effectively across relevant stakeholders
- The ability to work through difficult scenarios and mediate between competing interests and personalities to gain alignment and achieve an accurate prioritisation of projects
- Implementing effective critical thinking skills to properly assess risk and scope, eliminate blockers and achieve on-time deliveries
- Developing new processes as well as enhancing our existing ones in order to maximise efficiency and collaboration across our teams and help cultivate an innovative and supporting working environment
- Working closely with our Head of QA to ensure all new features have been properly tested prior to release and that they are of the highest quality across all platform
- You have 3-5 years experience as a digital project manager
- You have a methodical, thorough and detail-oriented approach to your work
- You are a self-starter and know how to get things done
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- You have a confident presence and are comfortable leading meetings
- You are able to collaborate with different stakeholders and develop productive working relationships with a wide variety of teams and at all levels
- You are an analytical thinker and you have a can-do approach to problem-solving and issue resolution
- You demonstrate very strong organisational skills and have the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively under pressure
- You are assertive and strong-willed, but diplomatic
- You have technical literacy and the ability to learn technical concepts quickly
- You are comfortable working in an agile, delivery-focused tech startup
- You have experience using Jira, Excel and other project management tools
- Experience/understanding of coding and development practices is a plus
What we offer:
At Bridebook we believe in our fantastic team and in creating an exciting and unique culture. The role of Digital Project Manager offers the opportunity to grow and develop your skills into new areas while working in a vibrant, social and collaborative environment – interacting with various talented teams of people who love what they do.
Please note this position is open to applicants who are based in areas that allow them to comfortably work within our UK timezone (max. 3 hour time difference).
- Generous Holiday Allowance: Bridebook operates enhanced holiday allowance increasing for every complete year of employment. We also offer a paid Christmas shutdown break between 25 Dec - 1 Jan. All this is in addition to bank holidays and company holiday days.
- Although our team is fully remote during COVID, we are sure to host various virtual events such as boxing, yoga, cooking classes and pub quizzes.