Bitovi is looking to hire a Director of Creative Services (User Interface) to support our team and clients by creating visually appealing interface designs and support graphics. At Bitovi, we help clients create outstanding web applications. We are consultants and work on different projects for different clients, ranging from 2 weeks to 9 months on average
This role will be our UI expert. You will take on product requirements, wireframes, design comps, and user flows, and contribute to transforming them into production-ready interfaces and interactions. The ideal candidate has an almost instinctual use of typography and color implementation and can create beautiful interfaces based on research, empathy, and design principles. They should be comfortable consulting and advising team members and clients daily.
This role will collaborate with Bitovi’s UX designers, developers, and leadership team. Over time, they will assist in building, managing, and mentoring a team of UI designers – we are looking for someone also to be an independent contributor and carry their own load of client work.
- Leading UI design on a project or collaborating with team members to ideate and iterate beautiful, usable, responsive, accessible interfaces and components for web and mobile applications
- Developing and supporting brand decisions for clients and internally
- Outputting style guides for internal and external projects
- Ideating and iterating on support graphics, internal and external presentations, websites, products, sales materials, etc.
- Supporting team members and clients through design recommendations and improvements
- Participating in initiatives to showcase and market Bitovi’s UI capabilities and expertise
- Leading and training team members on UI best practices
Work Remotely (in North America) as a Consultant
Bitovi helps people and companies create better web applications. We’re a team of 35-ish people made up of UX designers, developers, and DevOps team members located around the US
We have a track record of designing and building high-profile and amazing web applications through our active Consulting practice. Our apps are built with style guides, tests, full docs, accessibility considerations, and a deployment process in place.
Our article, Hello Potential Bitovian sums it up very well (NOTE: The article is more Dev-focused, but a good short read!)
This is a remote, full-time position. This role may require travel up to 1 week every 8-12 weeks once travel resumes post COVID. Due to travel requirements, we are only accepting candidates in the U.S. who are willing and able to travel in the future.
What We’re Looking For
You are an experienced UI designer and are comfortable using industry tools
- 5+ years of professional experience implementing and designing user interfaces for web applications
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a passion for elegant and intuitive user interfaces
- Expertise in standard design tools like Sketch and Axure, or other wireframe & prototyping tools
- Expert knowledge of design fundamentals (information design, visual design, industry UI standards, and use of best practices)
- Familiar working in an agile/scrum environment
You are interested in being Bitovi’s UI Expert
- Experience leading others, teams, and clients as a UI expert
- Comfortable participating in sales and marketing initiatives to showcase aesthetic capabilities
- Experience training and influencing others on aesthetic design best practices
You know how to design things that can be built and are familiar with how to implement
- Collaborate with development teams from concept to implementation to understand the constraints and communicate design specs effectively
- Demonstrate the highest level of understanding of current site use cases and functionality
- Analyze user interface problems and create on-brand design solutions that bridge user and business goals
- Up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry changes, utilizing new technology to streamline processes while adhering to best practices and supporting client and company branding
- Bonus: You can implement your designs in HTML and SCSS
You have graphic design chops and are a bit of a typography nerd
- Creative ideas with a problem-solver mindset
- Strong understanding and execution of design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, composition).
- Maintain, update, and refine brand and style guidelines for internal and external projects
- Create aesthetically pleasant and consistent user interface design elements – High proficiency working with color, typography, and graphic elements
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to finished high-fidelity designs and asset creation
- Work with design systems to ensure consistency and familiarity across products
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas effectively
- Work with usability specialists and interaction designers to develop and iterate user interface designs based on research and usability test results
You are a great communicator, love to talk about design, and defend your design decisions
- Showcase strong communication skills by presenting and defending designs to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Follow design and interaction principles while understanding the project requirements, business needs, and client expectations
- Comfortable being a user advocate
- Competitive salary and annual bonuses
- Company retreats (previously in Boston, Scottsdale, Denver, and Las Vegas)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Four weeks paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Work from home
Apply to our posting
with the following items. Applications that are missing any of the following details will not be considered
- Resume – please just a 1-2 page resume (as opposed to a multi-page story or portfolio)
- Cover letter – your cover letter must include:
- A thoughtful introduction about yourself.
- Tell us three reasons why you're an ideal fit for this role.
- Focus on your recent and past work and experience
- Your salary requirements
- Your current availability (when can you start?)
- If you have other conditions, please make sure to include those there as well
- A link to an online portfolio featuring web user interface and interaction design samples you’re created