Who We Are
Pro Teeth Guard
is a growing e-commerce store providing affordable dental health products online. Founded in 2012, we grew from $0 to >$1 Million in revenue in 5 years. Our online channels include SEO, PPC (Google Ads, Bing), Email Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Amazon FBA, and Facebook Ads.
This is an opportunity to join a small business and challenge yourself with an accelerated learning curve and take on significant responsibility. You will report directly to the founder/CEO and learn how to run marketing for a >$1 Million eCommerce business.
- Location Independent
- Require least 2-3 hours of overlap with US West Coast business hours (9am-5pm Pacific Time)
- 8-12 weeks internship
- Potential opportunity for continued employment after internship
- Part-time. 15-25 hours per week.
- $15 per hour
- Attitude over experience: intellectual curiosity and proven interest in online marketing
- Native English fluency and strong oral and written communication
- Demonstrated ability for creative problem solving and resourcefulness
- Web and savviness
- Fast learner
Your mission as the E-Commerce Growth Marketing Intern is to execute marketing initiatives to grow Pro Teeth Guard store revenue. If you were with us for the past few months, you would have worked on some of the following initiatives:
- Create re-engagement email sequence in Klaviyo to improve subscriber retention, increase engagement, and drive additional revenue
- Create A/B test for website email capture pop-up offer
- Create co-branded email marketing campaign/giveaway to cross-promote our product with a complementary brand
- Create $100 Store Credit for COVID-19 Frontline Workers marketing campaign and promote via email, outreach/link building, and social
- Create viral giveaway promotion for sharing $100 store credit marketing campaign
- Work with the graphic designer to optimize Amazon listing images and highlight unique selling propositions of our product
- Keyword research for new SEO-optimized content marketing articles on the website
- Online pitching for reviewers, affiliates, and SEO link building
IMPORTANT NOTE: We’re not going to sugarcoat it. Here are some HARD parts of the job
- You’re expected to pick up and learn new software and tools that you’ve never used before. You will be provided training; however, you’re expected to pick them up quickly and become productive in a very short period of time.
- More often than not, you’ll be given a goal and a rough sketch of how to approach the problem. You WILL NOT be given step-by-step instructions on how to succeed. You’ll be required to do research, be resourceful, and come up with solutions on your own.
- This job is only for people with attention to detail. Include your resume and cover letter in PDF format and include your favourite dentist joke in your cover letter.
- Parts of the job will feel like a grind and require perseverance. For example, when pitching for SEO link building, it may take dozens of outreach emails to successfully land a link.
Collaboration & Tools
- Weekly one-on-one Zoom meeting with Founder/CEO
- Asana for project management & communication
- Additional Zoom meetings if real-time discussion is more efficient than asynchronous communication
What You Will Learn
Effective online marketing for e-commerce:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
Skills that support effective online marketing:
- eCommerce metrics and analytics
- Software tools (Ahrefs, Klaviyo, etc.), basic HTML/CSS