About the Team
Giftloop is the latest addition to the product line, and allows people to earn passive income while their phone is charging. The team is responsible for choosing, implementing and measuring all the features that our users love, which currently involves...
- improving the signup and onboarding experience.
- detecting and preventing fraudulent usage.
- integrating our two apps (Current and Giftloop) to allow people to combine rewards from each product.
- updating the application to allow for 10x growth over the next 6 months.
We rely heavily on the following technologies:
NodeJS for our main API application.
MySQL and DynamoDB for our persistent data stores.
AWS for our infrastructure.
- Java for our Android app.
You’ll be joining our team as an Engineering Manager, with a great degree of autonomy and responsibility for the team. You’ll find yourself…
- working as the engineering counterpart to the Product Manager, understanding and scoping new functionality, and helping with prioritization.
- managing the delivery of high-quality, high-impact work.
- conducting weekly 1-1s to develop 3 software engineers and 1 QA engineer.
- evaluating the team, processes, and tech stack, and driving improvements.
- being the primary point of contact for the team to our Director of Engineering.
- coaching the team on best practices.
We offer a generous salary based on experience and location.
We'd love to talk with you if…
- you have experience managing, mentoring and developing high-performing engineers.
- you’ve previously held senior-level software engineering role(s), preferably with our technology stack.
- you’re a direct, empathetic communicator.
- you’re excited to deliver high-quality features at a fast pace.
- you're comfortable with fast product/userbase growth.
The process is normally a 30-minute phone interview, a 1-hour management and culture fit interview, and a 2-hour technical and management interview.