Who are we?
We are building the world’s first online database to empower millions of Overseas Chinese to connect with their roots!
Our fast-growing, international and passionate team of 12 already leads the market in custom roots research & travel services (www.mychinaroots.com
). Spread out over Beijing, Guangzhou, Paris, and London, we are expanding our tech team to shape and build the future of Chinese genealogy.
What will you do?
- Write code to solve interesting problems, including how to automate digitization of historical Chinese records
- Collaborate with our industry-leading research team to process and build the largest database of Overseas Chinese historical records in the world
- You will help us decide what to build and why, and have full freedom to pursue the how
- You will report to our CTO Jean, who is based in Paris
What do we offer?
- Negotiable salary & equity at fast-growing startup that’s already gained traction & momentum
- Creative & collaborative work with multicultural & inspired colleagues
- A unique opportunity to build a platform that provides true socio-cultural value. See e.g. a short film about life-changing client experiences or listen to us on the Sinica Podcast!
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of Python experience
- 1+ years of coding experience on the Django framework
- 1+ years’ experience using RDBMS & SQL
- Good knowledge of web architecture concepts
- Experience coding API in Python, ideally with Tastypie
- Experience with Vue.js or React, Vuex or Redux
- Understanding of TDD and proven ability to code UT (experience with unittest/pytest)
- Understanding of Agile development principles
- Experience using Git
- Basic understanding of Linux command line and system deployment
- Understanding of Cloud storage solutions and of Boto3 library a big +
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with big data, Optical Character Recognition, Natural Language Processing, Pattern Recognition
- Chinese language proficiency
- Interest in (overseas) Chinese history and cultural heritage & identity