- Fully Remote Position, w/ company meetings/offsites in Jackson Hole, WY
- Founding Engineer Equity
- Choose Tech Stack and frameworks to build B2B SaaS Web-Application
- Seed-stage but proven, de-risked market
- Founders’ first company acquired for $87M
UserEvidence is a SaaS Web-Application that enables B2B marketers and sales people to harvest feedback from happy customers, and automatically turn that positive feedback into an armory of fact-filled proof points, customer success stories, and statistical evidence. We’re creating a new category called “Evidence-based Marketing” - to help vendors cut through the noise.
Culture and Values
We want this to be a company that enables a fulfilling and stable lifestyle for our employees. While we do have a real opportunity to get to $25M/yr in recurring revenue within 6 years and see a large exit, we’re going to do so in a smart and sane way, that is financially prudent and ensures that any exit substantially benefits all employees rather than simply founders and investors.
For a seed-stage company, we are comparatively derisked and already have market validation - we’re happy to tell you more about why on a call.
We’d rather have a high chance of hitting a double, with the option to take big swings along the way, than come out wildly swinging for the fences with a high probability of failure. We will be conscious with our capital to preserve equity for our employees. Our $1M seed round should be the only round we raise (less dilution for everyone). We have experience walking this road.
We want everyone to have a good work-life balance - there will of course be times where we’re grinding, but we want to enjoy the journey, not only the destination. Remote work and flexibility will be key, and we will also bring together our team, while it’s small, in Jackson Hole, several times a year.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a super productive Founding Sr. Full-Stack Engineer who will lead engineering and product development and potentially grow into a CTO. You must love working in a super small start-up, where resources and structure will be limited.
We want a person that could build an entire web-based application themselves - from front-end to back-end. In consultation with you, we could hire supporting engineers in short order, but we want you to dig in first on the MVP and evaluate who we’ll need next. Our goal is profitability and sanity over building out a large team for its own purpose. We want you to be our partner in seeking the right balance here. After all, the bigger the development team, the more meetings and management.
- Work directly with CEO to design architecture of web-application, and select tech stack and languages/frameworks
- Work with designer (or design agency) to think through product workflow and UX/UI. Build front-end presentation layer of app (includes basic nav, dashboards, survey creator, and content visualization creator)
- Build back-end of application (includes relational database, identity mgmt, survey and email engine, admin tools, secure hosting)
- Lead product development efforts for new features post MVP (since we have market validation, we’re not trying to hack together an MVP - we want to build something sellable and robust out of the gate)
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of development experience across the full-stack of disciplines
- Experience building and owning product development end-to-end
- Design/product mgmt experience a major plus, but not required (we may supplement with another hire and/or agency)
- Management/leadership experience a plus, but not required (so long as you can demonstrate those skills)
Who We Are
Evan Huck: Co-Founder and CEO - 1st Employee at TechValidate, built sales org to 60+, acquired by SurveyMonkey in 2015. Stanford Grad.
Ray Rhodes: Co-Founder and CRO - early TechValidate sales, top enterprise sales lead at Guru (sales enablement/content mgmt)
- Generous Founding Engineer level equity + competitive comp
- Fully remote work + paid trips to Jackson Hole, WY (ski, raft, bike)
- Health+Dental+Vision Insurance for you and dependents
How to Apply
- Send resume + quick blurb re your interest to email@example.com