A great working relationship is a lot like a great first date.
The chemistry is right, you can finish one another’s sentences, and it’s clear you’re both interested in a long-term relationship.
We’re the #1 dating and relationship advice site for women, and we’re looking for a superstar junior copywriter to join our team.
Could YOU be our perfect match?
WHO WE ARE
Get the Guy is an online dating and relationship advice company, helmed by New York Times bestselling author and expert coach Matthew Hussey. Through his massively popular YouTube videos (1.9+m subscribers), digital programs and sold-out live events, Matthew helps women transform their confidence to get the results they want in their love lives - and their whole lives.
THE ROLE INVOLVES...
- Writing marketing emails to promote our digital programs and live events
- Updating existing marketing email sequences for monthly program relaunches
- Creating opt-in, cross-sell and upsell copy
- Writing autoresponder, retention and hotlist sequences for our marketing funnels
- Other fun and exciting projects we haven’t even thought of yet
- 5-10 hrs/wk as an independent contractor, semi-flexible hours
YOU’RE PERFECT FOR THIS JOB IF YOU…
- Have 1-3 years of experience writing sales-driven marketing copy
- Can write compelling subject lines, killer headlines, and clickable calls-to-action in your sleep
- Wear the nickname “Grammar Nerd” like a badge of honor, yet have the savvy to know when to break the rules
- Enjoy collaborating but also work well independently once a task is clearly explained
- Have a flexible, positive attitude toward the feedback/revision process
- Familiarity with Matthew’s work a HUGE PLUS
*Please note: This is a sales & brand-driven copywriting job, not a content writing/blogging position.
WHY THIS IS AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU…
- You get to write about dating and relationships! (Take THAT, boring financial copywriting gig)
- Our company is growing - this is your chance to jump in and grow with it
- Do something positive - help people find the love they want and love the life they have
- Be a part of a fun, upbeat culture where we treat one another with respect and promote personal growth
- Our team values great ideas and moves fast to implement them
- All we ask in terms of location is that you have overlapping hours (and the ability to do video team calls) in the Eastern Time business day, between 11 AM - 6 PM Eastern (Australian time zone is unlikely to work, sorry!), otherwise work from where you want
- Opportunity to become a long-term role if we’re the right fit for one another!
IF YOU THINK YOU’RE “THE ONE,” THEN...
Write a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as to why you'd be a good fit in the body of your email. Please also send two copywriting samples as either links or inline copy in the body of your email, and tell us which of Matthew Hussey’s YouTube videos you like best and why.
DO NOT send a resume or other attachments (your application will automatically not be read). We prioritize culture fit, attention to detail, and quality writing when selecting candidates. Show us how detail-oriented you are. If you have a killer writing sample that absolutely must be sent as an attachment, let us know and we’ll request it based on your letter.
You’ll be first-round screening with our does-it-all Operations & Editorial Strategist, Rachael Mare. Her favorite color is blue, so she'd love it if you also put the word blue somewhere in your subject line when sending your letter.
Looking forward to meeting you!