We are a group of dedicated and passionate professionals all working together to transform the way businesses improve. We enable our customers to standardize their work processes, reduce training time, and meet compliance standards. Come join the team that is redefining training documentation and making standard work an industry standard. We're a growing company, and hope to add to the experience and creativity of our team, and fill gaps in our experience as we add new people!
We strive to be an inclusive place to work, dedicated to hiring people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and that means we're an equal opportunity employer. If you're disabled, a member of the LGBT community, or from any other under-represented group or protected class, give us a chance to hear from you! We're not perfect, but we hope you'll find our company is welcoming and accommodating to everyone. If you have any questions about this or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to e-mail email@example.com.
We're looking for a full-time Front-end Engineer for our design team, who can thrive in a remote-friendly work environment. While your role will be as a developer, you'll be partnering closely with our Product Design Lead, who is integral to creating great UX experiences that allow our customers to use our product efficiently and easily.
As an Engineer of our design team, you'll be on the front lines of helping create features that solve the problems at hand, to verify our design solutions with customers, and to level up the polish of our existing product. You'll also be a partner developer with the Core Product team, integrating with our existing tech stack and helping to improve our system of reusable components that allow us to create new user experiences faster. Additionally, you'll be a standard-bearer for developing our design system and pushing great design throughout our products, making sure we reuse the same seamless design characteristics across the platform.
Here are some of the things you can expect to do as an engineer on the design team:
- Use markup languages like HTML and CSS to create user-friendly web pages
- Design features geared towards users on mobile devices
- Collaborate with other developers and designers on the Core Product team to improve the usability of our products
- Interact directly with users to collect feedback and gain a deeper understanding of problems that affect them
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Collaborate early with design on mockups and develop prototypes that can be used to validate UX designs
- Help other developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high quality standards and design system consistency in our final products
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
In general, our team values your ability to learn, more than prior experience. The only requirements you must possess are:
- General ability to work with the command-line, and a distributed VCS like git
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics, and a drive to create thoughtful UX experiences and pixel-perfect webpages
- You must be a US citizen. Unfortunately, various restrictions on our business require this. 😢
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company-provided hardware
- Full-time remote candidates encouraged
- 401(k) matching
- Generous parental family leave policy
- Flexible schedules & time off
- 2-3 catered meals every week
- Dog-friendly office
Working for a small company on a tight-knit team is a chance to manifest your creativity in a way that will make a big difference in the final product. If you want to make incredible software with us, please apply.