What we are looking for
We are looking to contract a Front-End Developer with experience in React, Firebase and CSS, that believes in our mission and is excited to collaborate with us to build out our first digital product and iterate on the product as we launch.
- 3-5 years experience with front-end,single-page application development
- Experience taking products from 0 to launch
- Experience with React, Firebase, and CSS
- Knows what its like to work with an early stage startup and make the trade-offs necessary
Other things we are looking for
- Experience working in an early-stage startup environment
- Academic background in computer science or software engineering (BA, BS, MS, PhD) or equivalent
We want to work with someone who not only is excited to get into the details and code but who can partner strategically with the Co-founders.
Current stack built on Google Cloud
- React, CSS, Firebase (some existing code here, opportunity for you to take a look and decide if you want to build on it or start from scratch!)
- Python, App Engine (ie. GAE)
- Postgresql DB.
Responsibilities of contractor
- Initial scoping work with product lead
- Get-up to speed on the mock-ups and existing back-end code with our BE developer
- Start writing code for front-end applications (full-time hours expected)
- Debug/iterate as we test and launch
- Contract length: At least 3 months starting as soon as possible
- Compensation structure: Competitive rate
- Key points of contact: You will be working alongside Head Product who is also a co-founder
- Remote work (North America timezones)
Note - you must be comfortable working as the only FE dev in the team. Our BE dev will be available for transition and asking questions but you'll be responsible for making our web app come to life