Stocksmith is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company based in Ballarat, Victoria. We create online bookkeeping and perpetual inventory software for small batch / handmade manufacturing businesses.
Our product has been used by over 30,000 Etsy, Shopify and Square sellers to calculate their stock levels, COGS, expenses and pricing guidance.
Due to recent growth, we’re looking for a full stack developer to join our company and help us to deliver a number of exciting new features and integrations.
We’re a very small team and everyone pitches in to get the job done, so if you’re equally excited by coding, testing, fixing bugs, speaking to customers, creative problem solving and idea generation then this is the perfect role for you.
It’s essential that you like working in a team. We expect you to have great analytical and communication skills, a positive attitude, curiosity and drive to find solutions to problems, be able to manage your time well and take responsibility for getting things done.
Our technology stack:
- Rails monolith
- Frontend is a combination of vanilla JS and jQuery
- Testing done with RSpec, Cucumber and Capybara
- MySQL (MariaDB) for our database
- Redis for queue management
- Sphinx/Manticore for our search
You should have experience in:
- Maintaining production-level Ruby on Rails applications (2+ years)
- Working with Redis and MySQL
- Writing clear, concise, and performant code
- Creating unit and integration tests
- Continuously deploying code
Bonus if you have experience in:
- Linux server administration
- Working productively on a small 100% remote team
- Writing SQL queries, beyond abstractions offered by Active Record
- Navigating and understanding a large codebase
- Technologies other than Ruby and Rails
- Writing tests using Rspec and Capybara
- Working with 3rd party APIs, integrations and feeds
- Working in an agile and/or lean environment
- Experience with inventory or accounting software
- Most importantly, you should be willing to learn new skills and develop your existing ones
Remote, preferably within 3 hours of AEST (Melbourne, Australia).
Send your CV, portfolio, Github username and anything else that you feel helps us to get to know you more. (No agents or agencies please!)