Specifically, the candidate needs to have solid React and Node JS experience, as well as experience working on all parts of the product - app, back end, management tools, metrics/analytics, and customer support. Initially, work will be split into 3 responsibilities: i) maintaining existing platforms, ii) implementing marketing efforts and helping with technical customer issues, and iii) helping construct new core features in consumer and dashboard applications.Must-Have Skills/Experience:
- React (familiarity with newer concepts such as hooks and Suspense a plus)
- Node JS, particularly Express experience, hapi/StrongLoop/Sails.js experience
- SQL and NoSQL, specifically Postgres/Redis
- Containerization experience (Docker or similar), Heroku experience a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Have Skills/Experience:
- Extensive CSS/markup experience (architecting markup/CSS for large projects using patterns such as BEM)
- General cloud deployment experience (AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean, etc.)
- Experience with Docker/Vagrant or similar
- App development experience (native or hybrid, iOS especially)
- Stripe/Braintree/Paypal API experience (or other similar payment systems)
- Analytics experience (Google Analytics, GTM, Segment, etc.)
- Metric dashboard experience (Grafana, Domo, other custom reporting solutions, etc.)
- Experience creating custom booking/calendar solutions or other projects involving multiple time zones
- Internationalization (i18n) experience
- Design, UI/UX experience
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and helpful demeanor.
What we offer
- Dynamic, creative, and collaborative work environment in a driven team.
- Contract to Hire. Competitive contractor fee for the first months, with the expectation to transition to full-time employment, if desired.
- Flexible work schedule. Having a comfortable and stimulating work environment is important to us. We are constantly working to create something unique and exciting that connects people with welcoming communities and beautiful workspaces. We build our work schedule together to help the team be it's creative best.
Location & Availability
This role is fully remote.
Communication will be through online channels (Slack or otherwise) as well as voice communication as needed (Zoom/Phone/Google Hangout/etc.)Management
This role will report directly to the Chief Technology OfficerHow To Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject line: Full Stack Engineer Job Posting (it'll help us to sort through the emails).