Head of Web & API DevOps
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will be responsible for the full-stack development of digital products with Angular and/or React using Typescript, HTML, and CSS using Sass, Node JS working closely with digital designers, and other developers in the DevOps team.
- Backend and API development using Node JS, including integration with third party API's.
- Work with Visual Studio Code (preferred IDE) and Git, adhering to the Pull Request/code review process, and overall DevOps pipeline.
- Work closely with the Digital Designers on ensuring the best user experience.
- Creating modern Single Page Application experiences ensuring compatibility across all major browsers on desktop, tablet and mobile phones.
- Plan, develop, execute and maintain automated tests within the agreed processes, tools and methodologies.
- Document code changes and adhere to high development standards.
- Analyze requirements, determine technical approach, technical design and size required effort to deliver.
- Proactively raise issues where it is unlikely that a timeline is going to be met due to an unforeseen challenge/s.
- Support QA and deployment activities and troubleshoot production defects.
- Contribute ideas and observations for new products, services, tools and process improvements.
- Ensure that our project management process tools (Trello and Harvest) are kept up to date to assist the overall delivery planning.
- Assist in the implementation of initiatives to drive productivity and efficiency where appropriate, and contribute to the Tech Share meetings and associated wikis.
- Participate in internal and client facing meetings and workshops when required.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends and new technologies.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO THE ROLE?
- Strong/advanced technical skill sets in HTML and CSS using Sass.
- Strong/advanced technical skill sets in Angular and/or React using TypeScript.
- Strong/advanced backend and API development experience, preferably using Node JS and/or .NET Core (a bonus, but not necessarily required).
- Experience with Visual Studio IDE + Git for source control, code reviews and DevOps pipeline preferable.
- Excellent time management - with an ability to work to schedules and deadlines. Can manage numerous tasks/deadlines at once.
- Lateral thinking - interpret and analyse client needs and develop creative solutions.
- Self Starter - you will need to be able to work independently and think things through for yourself.
- Detail oriented - thorough with very strong attention to detail, supported by the ability to maintain quality while working under pressure.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Persuasive communicator with outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Relates well to people with good listening abilities and ability to process problems into solutions.
- Self motivated - organised and efficient.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Exceptional knowledge and a passion for all things digital.
- Willing to tackle demanding tasks and take responsibility for actions, using your initiative to make suggestions and working to make things happen.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology - extra points if you are SAFe 5.0 certified or working towards this.
- Love working on projects that deliver outstanding Human Experience to end users.
- Attention to elegant design, performance, user experience and clean documented code.
WHAT WILL YOU BE VALUED FOR?
- Embracing our philosophy of creating a great Human Experience for the end users of the web applications you will help create.
- Pushing back on requirements where appropriate, and recommending alternative ways that would produce a better outcome.
- Meeting or beating your estimates/deadlines for tasks.
- Producing code of a high quality and ensuring it is well commented and documented to ensure another developer can easily get started on the project and work on it.
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to the projects you work on and everything you do.
- Friendly and professional attitude.
- Critical thinking skills for time-sensitive problem solving.
- Passion for innovation & commitment to shipping quality code.
- Friendly and professional attitude, arrogance and egos are not tolerated at Apolinar.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK HERE?
- You will get to work on a wide variety of projects across different industries with a niche size talented team.
- This is a 100% remote role. However, if you are New Zealand or Australia, we have access to shared offices in Auckland, Wellington, Queenstown, Sydney and Brisbane. A combination of remote + office is what most of the team does.
- It is essential that you are able to crossover NZST timezone by a minimum of 4-5 hours. Please assess if this will work for you before applying.