getAbstract aspires to continuously create new, purpose-driven products. And there is no shortage of ideas! That’s why we are creating a multidisciplinary team entirely dedicated to radical innovation: the getAbstract Lab. Exploration, creativity, structure, focus, co-creation and moonshot thinking are its core elements. We are now completing the Lab’s core team with passionate, entrepreneurial, and autonomous individuals. If you are willing to empower yourself, learn and grow together with us to help people make smarter decisions, apply to our Full Stack Lead Developer (80%-100%) role today!
We are building a multidisciplinary 4-person core team, that innovates and challenges the status quo with a strong «Why not?» attitude. The team works in startup mode, lives a learning culture where it’s safe to fail-fast and uses each hurdle as a chance to learn.
You will be horizontally involved throughout the process of creating ideas as such you will be part of the Lab’s core team working on innovation venture projects where you will create beautiful, modular, testable and scalable code.
- Create own code for rapid end to end prototyping (MVPs) to get our concepts in the hands of real customers.
- On a need to have basis, coordinate and work closely with external freelance software developers (Frontend, Backend, Mobile), UX Designers, AI and Machine Learning Engineers to identify and incorporate the relevant knowledge from their respective domains into your solutions.
- Willing to quickly learn new technologies and execute independently. Research and suggest new products, applications and protocols.
- Work with data scientists to improve prototypes.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years full stack development experience either from a corporate or startup environment.
- Have an eye for good design, a sense of good UX and the ability to empathise with different user personas.
- A very strong sense of ownership is a must along with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Practical experience of multiple front-end languages, backed up by understanding of back-end languages and cloud techs. Develop with your choice of language and framework.
- Any additional knowledge in User Experience and User Interface design is a strong asset.
- Possess strong written and spoken English communication skills (German a plus) and enjoy cross team collaboration.
What is in for you?
- A unique, entrepreneurial opportunity to be a pivotal part in shaping our newly established getAbstract Lab.
- Flexible working hours, remote working and occasionally working at our lakefront offices in Lucerne (Switzerland).
- The best of both worlds – agile innovative startup culture with corporate security.
- Opportunity to emerge into other dimensions of the product development lifecycle according to your needs and interest.
- Possibility to move along and grow with ventures, that exit the getAbstract Lab.
Do you have what it takes? We can’t wait to hear from you. Please submit your application incl. answer to motivational question (see below) and supporting documents (CV, diplomas and work certificates) to jobs@getAbstract.com
with attention to Marco Grueter, Head of getAbstract Lab. To be considered, your application documents also need to address the following motivational question (substitute for a traditional letter of motivation):
Please elaborate on the following question: What existing and future technologies come to your mind when you think about «Help people make smarter decisions with the right knowledge»? How would you make sure to integrate these technologies into a MVP to test them with a fast and simple experiment? Max. 1 A4 page. All formats are possible (text, canvas, scribble, weblink, etc.).
We are looking forward to receiving your application! Only complete applications sets will be considered. Deadline for applications: June 12, 2020.