We are a fast-growing ecommerce analytics company with thousands of customers looking for a mid-level / experienced Ruby on Rails full-stack engineer to help build out our existing SaaS product.
To give you a sense of scale - we collect data on millions of orders per day from thousands of ecommerce stores and process many millions of background jobs to be able to deliver reporting on how ecommerce customers behave, what they purchase and how much they will spend in the future.
We're looking to add a great RoR developer to our existing distributed team of five RoR developers.
We are looking for someone who:
- has a track record of shipping web apps preferably in Ruby on Rails in the last 3+ years
- enjoys mostly working on the frontend side but does not shy away from the backend
- has some experience with SQL
- humble, can mentor others, both provide and receive direction, and is always willing to share what they learn
- overlaps with EST or CET zone at least 5 hours
What you will do:
- add new ecommerce related reports to help our customers grow their business
- help us improve our frontend code as we build more complex workflows
- drive decisions on frontend frameworks and best practices
Where we are and how we work
Working for Lifetimely doesn't feel like the usual office or startup gig: we are a distributed group of ten people across ten different countries 🇫🇮 🇺🇸 🇮🇳 🇫🇷 🇨🇱 🇪🇬 🇪🇸 🇮🇶 🇭🇷 🇺🇦 with our own way of working. Some of us are nomads, some just like working remotely. We highly encourage written (long-form) communication and documenting things on Notion and generally don't like tight fixed schedules. There is not really much management or oversight, we expect you to know how to manage yourself. We prioritize shipping and results above how or when you do the work.
Two meetings per week, one for the devs on Tuesday, another one on Thursdays for everyone. That's it.
If you prefer to do meetings and calls or just know that you need a lot of human interaction, Lifetimely is not probably the best place for you to work at. But if you are into distributed work and prefer the lifestyle aspects or maybe live somewhere with not a lot of exciting product companies to work for, you will enjoy working with us
How to apply:
Tell us about....
- the largest web app you worked on
- a junior developer you mentored or worked with and how you helped with their work
- the timezone you are in
- your monthly salary ask in USD
After you've applied, we will reach out to you for a paid test task if you're selected for the first round of interviews.
The company is registered in Finland (EU) - this is a full-time contract position with paid leave.