Formation is an online Fellowship that specializes in helping ambitious software engineers break into top tier tech companies like Facebook, Dropbox and Lyft. Founded by two senior engineers from Facebook who have conducted over 500 technical interviews, we have a reputation of placing Fellows at Google, LinkedIn, Dropbox and more with an average base salary of over $120k.
About Our Program
Our Fellowship leverages software to create custom curriculums that are tailored to the training needs of each individual Fellow. It starts with a full technical assessment on all dimensions of technical expertise ranging from practical domain knowledge, to data structures and algorithms to systems design. Our ideal Fellow already knows how to code and even has a few years of industry experience, but has a gap in one of these areas that we can fill.
During the Fellowship, Fellows learn by collaborating directly with senior engineers from Google, Facebook, and more. Fellows are continuously assessed on a weekly basis against our incredibly high performance bar, and we work with every Fellow unconditionally until they have been hired at a top tier company. Once Fellows pass our hiring bar, we are able to refer them directly to our hiring partners.
Our business model is an income share agreement, which enables us to charge $0 upfront. Fellows only pay once they have started earning a high income at their new roles. To learn more about how our program works, visit our website
We are looking for a senior full stack software engineer to help build the proprietary engine that powers our dynamic curriculum. They will work directly with the CTO and Lead Product Designer to build our world class product. We’re an incredibly agile team, which means that there is an opportunity to ship valuable features incredibly quickly (we sometimes go from ideation to shipping within an hour) and play an integral role in growing our engineering team.
- Work directly with the CTO to build the core planning engine and infrastructure
- Collaborate directly with our Fellows and our Lead Product Designer to iteratively build and ship features / experiments rapidly
- We require all engineers to spend at least 1 hour per week directly mentoring Fellows within the program
Skills & Experience that we value
- 5+ years of engineering experiences, preferably with experience at a small to medium size startup
- Experience in React / Redux / Node.js are all a plus, but none are required
- Graduation from a non-traditional program is preferred (bootcamp, self learned, etc.), but not required