This position is 100% remote, and we will consider all qualified candidates regardless of location given they can be available within a few hours of the Eastern (GMT-5) timezone.
As a software developer for PROOF, you’ll have a very diverse role and will be working on improving many different components of our platform, potentially including our backend API, frontend web app, and mobile apps. You’ll be working directly alongside our CTO, as well as providing guidance and assistance to junior developers.
You will be working in an environment where everything you contribute is incredibly important to the end product and success of the company - you will not be just a cog in the machine. You will have real ownership over your projects and contribute significantly to the direction of our company.
- Experience with Laravel and/or React is a big plus
- Extensive experience in API design and development
- Extensive experience of MySQL, including query design and optimization
- High accountability and ownership of your work
- You’re excited to work on a fast-moving team and deal with exponential platform growth
- You’re able to effectively balanced speed/quality/tech debt and make engineering decisions that enable speed while maintaining quality results
- Collaborate with CTO & product team on new feature design, development, and implementation
- A self-starter, able to work in a remote environment without constant supervision
- Work remotely from anywhere, but you must be able to work within a few hours of the Eastern (GMT-5) timezone.
- Direct communication in supporting our Customer Experience, Product, and general Business teams as needed.