We are Digital Butter. An independent Digital Agency from Hong Kong.
We specialise in the design & build of high performing platforms & stores. We produce work that redefines category excellence and accelerates platform profitability.
We aspire to make technically challenging and creatively testing work adapting to the needs and scale of any project.
We are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer to join our team of talented engineers!
Our development projects span best in class customised E-Commerce & CMS platforms. We work with various PHP frameworks - most commonly CraftCMS, Craft Commerce & Laravel as well as Shopify Plus, Craft Commerce & Magento.
We’re regularly working with APIs to push and pull data from sources ranging from Inventory Management and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM), financial data feeds, and so much more. Our back-end development work is as much about technical architecture planning and clear multi-party communication, as it is about the accuracy of the code, and robust testing.
We're currently expanding our expertise in delivering headless CMS solutions for clients operating across multiple regions, and feeding this content using a mixture of CI/CD, GraphQL, and custom APIs to a chosen front-end is already at the heart of much of our work.
Without exception, project technical requirements are scoped out and budgeted against, and we are deliberate in never committing to work we are not confident we can deliver.
Mindset, Skills & Experience that we value
- You know your stuff: 4+ years of full-stack web development experience
- You have experience in agency environments - Accustomed and experienced in the fast pace - we work on 3-5 projects and support 25+ clients at any given time.
- You are an extremely strong communicator - who enjoys making the complex simple.
- Obsessed with CMS technology & e-commerce and how the latest technology is shaping consumer engagement.
- You find solutions for complex problems and can articulate that to non-technical teammates, clients and stakeholders.
- Skills in technical architecture planning for CMS and e-commerce platform related projects.
- Deep, hands-on, expertise with:
- Open source PHP frameworks - Yii prefered, but Laravel/Symphony ok.
- Craft CMS & Craft Commerce a big plus!
- Knowledge and experience with e-commerce: Shopify, Craft Commerce, and/or Magento 2.0.
- Confident working with a range of cloud-based infrastructures at a server admin & DevOps level, with the ability to debug hard problems at every level of the stack.
Please note we are only accepting applications from candidates based in Asia timezone who can work within Hong Kong timezone from 9am-6pm from Monday to Friday.
Find out more on our website
and apply via our job page.
Once you apply, we'll give you access to our 10 question survey and 2 coding challenges so you can show us your talent! It will take approx 90 minutes to complete.