About Upright Labs
Upright Labs builds multichannel ecommerce software for retailers. We make it really easy for second-hand retailers to manage inventory and sell online, everywhere. Our software processes thousands of items each month and has helped retailers sell millions in inventory.
We work with second-hand retailers including Goodwill and Salvation Army. Our software powers their ecommerce operations and your code will directly impact their success.
Our stack is Rails on the backend with React.js with Typescript on the frontend, backed by a Postgres DB. We run everything on AWS and Heroku, logging with LogDNA, CI with Github Actions, error tracking with Sentry, and source code on Github. We constantly evolve our stack and are always on the lookout for new exciting technologies.
You'll be joining our engineering team as the fourth hire (11th total). You'll help our engineering team grow by helping us make foundational decisions in our product and technical directions. If you like to work on small teams with lots of autonomy and work closely with customers, then you'll be a great fit for Upright.
- You're a hacker. You love to code, read Hacker News, and constantly push yourself to try new web technologies.
- Highly motivated and care deeply about good code.
- You have strong opinions, weakly held. You're not afraid to standup for what you believe in but are empathetic and open to change.
- You're a self starter who wants to push out code on day 1.
- You're a go-getter, want to expand your skills, and dive deep into code to figure out and tackle hard problems.
- Have 3+ years experience working on larger-scale web applications.
What You'll do
- Deploy code on your first day.
- Take charge of our stack, drive decision-making, and own new features.
- Work on our Rails backend and React frontend building out new features and improvements.
- Talk to customers and contribute in product direction
- Help guide and grow Upright Labs into the best ecommerce software for retailers.
- Fast growing company that's doubled its headcount the last 6 months
- Profitable and 100% bootstrapped
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Health and Dental insurance, 401k match
- Monthly donation matching
- Generous vacation policy
- Quarterly developer hackathons
- 100% remote team based across 3 North American time zones
- Work with an exciting and growing company with lots of interesting technical problems