Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, educational institutions and governments depend on AWS for secure cloud services and solutions.
As an Account Manager for Public Sector Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share of Amazon Web Services in the public sector and grow adoption of cloud-based solutions. In the role, you will establish and maintain C-level, sales, and product relationships with a set of strategic ISV solution providers. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with these accounts, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers and sales executives. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen, along with working knowledge of software architecture and the enterprise software landscape.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Establish a business development plan for a territory of ISV customers with the goal of growing their adoption and usage of AWS. This includes developing detailed account plans to track the progress of each ISV solution provider and achievement to goals. Execute this plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
· Set and manage revenue targets and work with the partner and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
· Build deep relationships with ISVs in your territory to fully understand their business and technical needs
· Drive business development initiatives with your ISV customers to help them adopt AWS for key solutions and ensure that AWS is their preferred platform.
· Provide technical and architectural resources to assist your ISV customers in the adoption of AWS and their delivery of solutions to market, including assisting them with channel partners and in pursuit of regulatory compliance accreditations, such as FedRAMP
· Support the ISVs as they develop their solutions through formal AWS APN programs (and other resources)
· Manage and close a pipeline of business
· Understand the technical requirements of our solution providers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
Located within California.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 5+ years in technical/IT related sales with medium to large software vendors/customers
· Experience working with technology customers, such as software providers.
· Experience with cloud technology.
· AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification
· Demonstrated ability to work across cross functional teams to deliver large, complex IT solutions.
· Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
· 2+ years working with/in the public sector, optimally engaging with federal or state & local government agencies
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.