For businesses running dynamic and complex networks that exceed efficient human operational scale, Kentik® is the provider of the first network intelligence platform for visibility, performance and security platform specifically designed for network professionals. Kentik uniquely unifies diverse data streams across cloud and traditional infrastructure to produce instant insights that accelerate network team efficiency, automate issue resolution, and create new business capabilities.
Kentik is central to the global operations of many of the world’s largest network infrastructure operators including IBM, Cisco, Box, and Zoom. Based in San Francisco, Kentik is venture funded and backed by tier 1 venture capital firms such as First Round Capital, Data Collective, August Capital, Third Point Ventures, and Webb Investment Network.
Kentik is rapidly expanding its product offerings and seeks an experienced, hands-on leader to head our user experience and design arm. At Kentik, we believe that an intuitive and consistent customer experience is central to our success. To this end, our design function must be highly collaborative and unite UX strategy and designs across Product, Marketing, and Engineering, bringing focus to our overarching end-user experience within a Product Led Growth (PLG) model.
At Kentik, we have built a team of world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders in a remote-friendly culture from day one. While prior experience in a remote environment is not required, we highly value strong collaboration and communication skills, both internally and with our customers.
What to expect in this role
- Building and evolving a compelling Product Led Growth based UX strategy for the company
- Daily collaboration and fostering relationships with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering teams
- Heavy, hands-on production of high-fidelity designs that promote ease of use, consistency across media (product, website, assets), and high levels of polish
- Frequent customer/end-user interaction, including conducting end-user research for both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Establishing a hiring strategy and grow the team to meet the company’s UX & design needs
What you bring
- Made substantial contributions to the design of a B2B SaaS product
- Experience with Product Led Growth concepts, such as low-barrier onboarding and product virality
- Built user-friendly designs for data-heavy products or applications
- Experience executing a cross-functional UX strategy, especially in collaboration with Product teams
- Experience working with customers and end-users to gather feedback and/or conduct research
- Understanding of UI engineering concepts and design-related tradeoffs therein
- Participated in recruiting and hiring of UX designers
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Vanguard 401(k)
Why work at Kentik?
Kentik brings together talented, dedicated and fun individuals from all over the world. Innovation after innovation, we collaborate across teams to continue to set the industry high-bar for network intelligence. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Kentik values diversity and inclusion and strives to make an impact well beyond our networking community. We offer highly competitive salaries, first-rate perks and benefits, and the chance to work at one of today's fastest-growing networking startups.
In your cover letter, please describe why you are interested in joining the Kentik team and what in particular about our UX and design direction intrigues you the most.