Would you like to use your strategic analytical and marketing skills to bring affordable education to millions of people? Great! Then, read on! We’re looking for a Head of Digital Marketing who also loves getting nerdy with analytics and data. If you are an expert in digital media strategy who is equally passionate about big-picture planning and detailed, perfect execution, then this is the perfect role for you!
The Interaction Design Foundation is the biggest online design school globally. Founded in 2002, we have over 80,000 graduates and counting. We're market leaders in online design education because the world's leading experts create our content—and because we specialize in design. What’s more, with over 1.5 million monthly visitors, we’re at the forefront of providing premier design education to such organizations as IBM and SAP, as well as tens of thousands of other members.
This is where your humanity-loving and hard-science sides play equally important roles. We deal with big numbers, but we always put faces to them as we hold our mission keenly in sight and pride ourselves on helping real people. For every conversion you generate, you bring a member into our platform and help improve the life and career of that person. And not only that, these members will go on to design better products and services to the benefit of all humankind.
This is a paid, full-time position. You'll be location-independent and will therefore be free to work from wherever you want in the world. You will have daily video-based contact with your colleagues and will get to meet them physically on team trips (see below).
So, if you want the chance to do the best work of your life, if you’re hungry to develop yourself professionally and if you’re ready to change the future of education, congratulations – you’ve come to the right place!
What you will be doing
You will work closely with the growth team and parts of the design and development team. Your responsibilities will be multifaceted and can be adapted to your skills and interests. We’re growing fast, so you’ll have limitless opportunities to grow your skills and professional muscles.
Some of the responsibilities that lie ahead of you would be to manage, optimize and scale:
- Our online advertising strategy, budgets and plans across SEM, Display networks, social media, Facebook Audience Network and more– everything from account structure to budget allocation to regular copy and creative optimizations.
- Revenue and traffic via our network of affiliates – which includes the top industry influencers and authors.
- Our SEO efforts and organic search rankings – with more than 100,000 external pages linking to us, you’ll manage and grow a veritable SEO Superpower.
- Our analytics efforts – and provide the design, dev and editorial teams with actionable advice and directions.
- Our split tests and growth-hacking efforts– your insights will drive conversion-centered redesigns of key flows.
- Expansion into new marketing platforms and strategies.
- You have 5+ years of experience with digital marketing.
- You have leadership experience in digital strategy and digital marketing, and have led teams or departments responsible for SEM and social media advertising.
- You are very well-versed in executing digital strategy in the form of account structure, campaign and ad group planning, creative ad set-up, daily analysis and optimization. You should have experience single-handedly carrying out all of the above.
- You have managed and optimized ecommerce campaigns and you have documented results from your previous work in online ad optimization.
- You’re a nerd when it comes to data and analytics, and hence love to quantify your work and results (perhaps slightly obsessively – don’t worry; that’s a plus here!).
- Your middle name is “Optimization” – you know what we mean. ;-)
- You’re a passionate and organized self-starter, who doesn’t accept the status quo, but always seeks to improve, optimize and automate in order to enhance performance.
- You have many years of hands-on experience with improving SEO-related parameters.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to effectively manage and optimize campaigns of a minimum budget of $10,000 per month, with clearly defined ROI targets.
- You have a sharp eye for the customer journey and a deep understanding of the qualitative factors that influence it.
- You’ve got “that eye” to forecast effectively using data that would make others scratch their heads.
You get bonus points if you …
- Have a Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Psychology or another relevant discipline.
- Are certified in Google AdWords and Analytics.
- Have attained Facebook Blueprint Certification(s).
- Have experience with working remotely.
How to apply:
We're accepting applications for this positions only directly on our website. To apply, please visit https://www.interaction-design.org/about/careers