Now Hiring: Remote Head of Engineering
About the company:
At Funnelytics, we’re working to build the gold standard in marketing analytics products. We believe that analytics should be an interactive experience, rather than a simple visualization of charts and graphs. Analytics products with the same dry metrics are all too common. Our mission is to provide a marketing analytics platform that intuitively opens up new insights that you would only otherwise get from a team of data scientists.
As the Head of Engineering at Funnelytics, you will play an instrumental role in reshaping the way in which businesses and marketers think about web analytics. We’ve thrown away traditional charts and graphs to start from scratch to build an immersive analytics platform.
You’ll take charge of growing out our engineering from a modest team of three developers to multiple development teams, and ensuring that those teams are able to do their best work under your leadership.
What you’ll be doing:
- Expand an engineering team focused on building the future of analytics.
- Coach a team of engineers to remove roadblocks and implement features to the best of their abilities.
- Implement processes to keep the engineering team performing at their peak.
- Take the lead in new initiatives to increase security, monitoring, and testing.
- Create and enforce timelines for development projects.
- Construct an execution plan to reach goals set out in our technical vision.
- Keep stakeholders informed on the progress of projects and the status of engineering.
- Create strategies to reduce technical debt while continuing to deliver value to customers.
- Create KPIs to maintain accountability.
An ideal candidate looks like:
- Past experience with Node and Redshift (customer-facing analytics)
- A proven track record for building out engineering teams.
- Past experience in building out analytics products.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbally.
- Must be located in North America
Adaptable & can easily embrace change in a fast-moving environment, team player, transparent communicator, proactive problem solver, continuously seeks to evolve professionally and personally, sense of pride and ownership in everything they do.