Pixie brings small accountancy and bookkeeping teams together to collaborate and deliver better service to their clients. Our software helps them manage work, clients and deadlines in one place.
We are building a sustainable, global business, backed by world-class angel investors who believe in our mission.
We are at an exciting inflexion point in our business and are looking for people who are experts in their field to join our team and help us shape its future while respecting our values:
- Go the distance
- Continuous learning
We are looking for a talented Head of Engineering to join our management team.
You will lead the technical direction of the product, ship and maintain features. Together, we will build an engineering team around you. We expect you to stimulate a culture of engineering excellence.
Your role will evolve as we grow as a team and as a company.
Your immediate responsibilities will include:
- Lead the technical direction of our product.
- Write high-quality software and ship features.
- Operate and scale the platform and its infrastructure.
- Build and manage a high-performing engineering team.
- Actively contribute and help drive the roadmap.
- Ensure that everyone meets our product quality and code security standards.
- Have 8+ years of software development and architecture.
- Have production experience on a tech-stack similar to ours (Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Postgresql).
- You have Vue.js/React production code under your belt.
- Have recruited, led and coached a team of 5-10 engineers of mixed experience levels.
- Willingness to engage with customers, learn about their jobs-to-be-done and incorporate those learnings into Pixie’s product and technology.
- You managed a team either fully distributed or a mix of remote/on-prem.
- Believe engineers should drive product quality via solid unit, integration and end-to-end testing.
- Have direct experience managing AWS infrastructure (EC2, RDS, KMS, SES, Elasticache, Cloudwatch).
- Working knowledge of Google Cloud’s PubSub service.
- Have working knowledge of Terraform and Gitlab CI.
- Experience with logging solutions (Datadog, Sentry).
- Exceptional communication skills and availability to participate in video calls as needed during work/overlap hours.
- Fluent/native English speaker.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Market-rate salary + share options scheme.
- Budget for WFH set-up, or co-working desk (when possible).
- Discretionary budget for learning (e.g. books, courses).
- Flexible working hours and holiday breaks.
- Plenty of room and support to continue growing professionally
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.