Seeking Senior Software Engineer to Battle Modern Day Slavery in Global Supply Chains
We’re looking for a mission-driven Head of Engineering to partner with the founder/CEO to take FRDM to the next level of our evolution. You will be responsible for everything from technical architecture to hiring and managing your engineering and product development team. You will also be a senior member of our leadership team, with involvement across the entire business. We value ambition in pursuit of our mission, curiosity, humility, and a relentless drive to serve our customers and improve the quality and humanity of global supply chains.
Ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- Several years building/leading/managing a high-performance engineering team
- Experience delivering an enterprise class SaaS solution to hundreds of customers
- Experience in a fast-paced and unstructured start-up environment
- Experience working across the full stack of software
- Experience with selecting and managing near-shore/off-shore outsourced development teams
- Experience with rapid develop and delivery of pupil-dilating features and products
- Commitment to data security and privacy—guarding our customer data as a prime directive
- Ability to learn new languages and pick the right tools for the job
- Value user research & qualitative data
- Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with AWS, CodeIgniter / PHP and Ruby on Rails a definite plus
- Ready to do the best work of your life: a desire to build something that can actually change the world and save lives
Location: SF/Silicon Valley highly desirable, with bonus points for East Bay (company HQ in Lafayette), but will consider remote locations for exceptional candidates
Compensation: includes competitive start-up salary and equity commensurate with your experience and position as a senior leader of FRDM
We want someone who will push us, challenge us, and help us get better. You should have a team-first mentality and be an excellent collaborator. You should also be comfortable working with uncertainty and managing unexpected problems or issues.
This is an ideal role for an experienced engineer who is looking to join a passionate team and be part of the exciting startup journey. There are over 40 million people working in slavery today. We want to work with someone who is driven to end it.